My current project

Talk about making games.

Re: My current project

Postby MrJolteon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:07 am

lcl wrote:I think the game will become something you could describe as an adventure/exploration/puzzle hybrid with an eerie atmosphere.

so basically a 3D Submachine
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:05 am

MrJolteon wrote:
lcl wrote:I think the game will become something you could describe as an adventure/exploration/puzzle hybrid with an eerie atmosphere.

so basically a 3D Submachine

Well, I haven't actually played submachine except for one of the games for a few minutes. But yeah, possibly something like that.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:26 pm

AWESOME!!! I knew you still continued your game! :D
Dang dat 3D and graphics lcl, you're amazing. This game WILL be popular!!! Good luck, and I can't wait for the release! :D
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby CrackedP0t » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Not even fair...
SO COOL!
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
Fang Pictures, my game development company:
http://fangpictures.comuf.com
CrackedP0t

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Postby sonicforvergame » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 am

Well it look really amazing for sure, and the ambiance is really great ,fit perfectly an eerie and gloomy kind of game.
One thing that really caught my attention was , the walls,since this is what we know about right know.
I also noticed you are using SABRE to make this game well my point is,
I think the game is going to look like this :
pictu.png

Making your game some kind of horror game would be ideal: IN my oppinion
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:22 pm

sonicforvergame wrote:Well it look really amazing for sure, and the ambiance is really great ,fit perfectly an eerie and gloomy kind of game.
One thing that really caught my attention was , the walls,since this is what we know about right know.
pictu.png

That would be cool, though I don't think it will be a horror game, maybe it has an eerie atmosphere, like mentioned before, submachine. I guess someone could make a horror game from lcl's SABRE. :lol:
That would be terrifying. :D
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Postby lcl » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:01 pm

jonathang wrote:AWESOME!!! I knew you still continued your game! Image
Dang dat 3D and graphics lcl, you're amazing. This game WILL be popular!!! Good luck, and I can't wait for the release! Image

:shock: What can I say? Thanks a lot jonathang, you don't know how much your words mean to me! :)

CrackedP0t wrote:Not even fair...
SO COOL!

Haha :D Thanks to you as well!

sonicforvergame wrote:Well it look really amazing for sure, and the ambiance is really great ,fit perfectly an eerie and gloomy kind of game.

[Image removed for saving space.]

Thanks sonicforvergame!
I know a lot of people would expect and prefer me to make this a horror game, but that's not the way I've chosen with this game.
This game will focus strongly on the story and be more about exploring and problem solving than being horrified. The ambiance
will be quite dark, however. You will see what I mean when this game is completed.
jonathang wrote:That would be cool, though I don't think it will be a horror game, maybe it has an eerie atmosphere, like mentioned before, submachine. I guess someone could make a horror game from lcl's SABRE. :lol:
That would be terrifying. Image

Yeah, this one won't be a horror game. But when Sabre is finished, people will be free to make horror games with it if they want to Image
lcl

Postby sonicforvergame » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:19 pm

thank you LCL for replying to my post
I know understand what the game should be .

I remember using SABRE once, But i don't know how ,have you ever released any copy of SABRE on the forum, because i would really like (with you're permission)
to experiment with SABRE and accomplish a little project in mind
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:37 pm

sonicforvergame wrote:I remember using SABRE once, But i don't know how ,have you ever released any copy of SABRE on the forum, because i would really like (with you're permission)
to experiment with SABRE and accomplish a little project in mind

Sabre has it's own development topic in the Game Demos -section. From there you can download Sabre 1.0, but I don't recommend using that version, since it doesn't have any of the features 2.0 has and is going to have, including a significant fps boost.
When 2.0 is ready it will be published on the forum free for anyone to use and it will come with complete documentation on how to use it. But that's not going to be so soon, I'm afraid. There's still a lot to do.

Anyway, here's the link to the Sabre topic with the download link for version 1.0: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
lcl

Postby DeltaLeeds » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:57 pm

lcl wrote::shock: What can I say? Thanks a lot jonathang, you don't know how much your words mean to me! :)

I also thank you for still continuing the game! Really, if Submachine could get fame over the internet, I don't see why this couldn't. :D
(This looks so much better... No offense to those submachine fans out there.)

lcl wrote:Sabre has it's own development topic in the Game Demos -section. From there you can download Sabre 1.0, but I don't recommend using that version, since it doesn't have any of the features 2.0 has and is going to have, including a significant fps boost.
When 2.0 is ready it will be published on the forum free for anyone to use and it will come with complete documentation on how to use it. But that's not going to be so soon, I'm afraid. There's still a lot to do.

Anyway, here's the link to the Sabre topic with the download link for version 1.0: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644

I'll try using it sometime when I have time. xD
Anyway: How's the project going lcl? (Not rushing you, just asking. Pretty psyched for it. xD )
DeltaLeeds

Postby lcl » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:15 pm

jonathang wrote:I also thank you for still continuing the game! Really, if Submachine could get fame over the internet, I don't see why this couldn't. :D
(This looks so much better... No offense to those submachine fans out there.)

Thanks. And yeah, let's hope this gets some attention on the internet when I get the game ready.

jonathang wrote:I'll try using it sometime when I have time. xD

Do you mean version 1.0 or 2.0?

jonathang wrote:Anyway: How's the project going lcl? (Not rushing you, just asking. Pretty psyched for it. xD )

Uh, I'm sorry to say this, but there has been no progress made in last two weeks. Mainly because I've been away from home.
And now that I'm home I'm of course sick and thus unable to concentrate on programming. :roll:
lcl

Postby MrJolteon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:15 pm

jonathang wrote:(This looks so much better... No offense to those submachine fans out there.)

Submachine looks better than this. Have you even seen screenshots from #9?
This isn't even the HD version.

Sure, 3D makes a hell of a difference, but still.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2

MrJolteon

Postby lcl » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:36 am

MrJolteon wrote:Submachine looks better than this. Have you even seen screenshots from #9?

Cool, it seems to utilize cel-shading if I'm not mistaken. It seems that I have to play some Submachine, the series begins to look too interesting for being skipped.

MrJolteon wrote:Sure, 3D makes a hell of a difference, but still.

Yeah, 3D makes a difference, but it doesn't automatically mean a difference for the better. There are a lot of absolutely fantastic looking 2D games and tons of absolutely horrible (not in a scary way, just bad xD) looking 3D games. And I have to say that for my game to look nice, it's going to be a real challenge texture and sprite -wise because the 3D engine isn't even close to something people are used to. Raycasting is a very dated technique, but however, it happily has it's own charm that can appeal to some people.

(Sorry if my post makes no sense, as said, I'm sick currently and my head is a bit fuzzy right now :P )
lcl

Postby MrJolteon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:52 am

lcl wrote:
MrJolteon wrote:Submachine looks better than this. Have you even seen screenshots from #9?

Cool, it seems to utilize cel-shading if I'm not mistaken. It seems that I have to play some Submachine, the series begins to look too interesting for being skipped.

You are mistaken. It is all hand-drawn.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2

MrJolteon

Postby lcl » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:01 am

MrJolteon wrote:
lcl wrote:Cool, it seems to utilize cel-shading if I'm not mistaken. It seems that I have to play some Submachine, the series begins to look too interesting for being skipped.

You are mistaken. It is all hand-drawn.

I meant that the coloring seems to have been done in a cel-shaded style. :D
lcl

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development