StickMcGee - Blast to the Future

Talk about making games.

StickMcGee - Blast to the Future

Postby RippeR7420 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:45 pm

"In the year 2018, Professor MBG created a machine that would allow him to travel back and forth through time. The year is now 2033 and Dr. Twiginstein has called upon StickMcGee to put an end to his wrath."

THIS GAME IS STILL IN A VERY EARLY ALPHA BUILD, THUS THERE WILL NOT BE A DEMO ANYTIME SOON. WE WILL BE TRYING OUR HARDEST TO GET THIS GAME ON STEAM AS WELL, SO LOOKOUT FOR THE GREENLIGHT REQUESTS :)

Hey there, guys!
It's been a while, But I'm happy to announce one of my latest projects "StickMcGee - Blast to the Future"! This game will take place in two different points of time, 2018 and 2033. Blast to the Future will be broken down into three separate Chapters, with the story progressing throughout.

CHAPTER SUMMARIES:

-Chapter 01: The Missing Core
Professor MBG has finished his Time Machine. His life long friend, Dr. Twiginstein is there to witness the first use, but before Professor MBG warps into the future he tells Twiginstein that his plans are to take over
the Nation and become the Supreme Ruler. Dr. Twiginstein sees the evil in his eyes and spends the next 15 years creating a Training Facility and looking the right person to put a stop to his devilish ways. The year
is now 2033 and StickMcGee is called upon. The main component of the Time Machine, the "Core" is missing and StickMcGee must retrieve it before one of Professor MBG's goons get there hands on it. Once you
complete the "Basic Training" you will be placed on the Main Map. Stick must fight his way through the wretched jungle to make his way to Professor MBG's front gate. As you arrive at the Main Gate you notice
that a Goon has found the "Core". Once you defeat the Goon, StickMcGee will go to Dr. Twiginsteins Lab where he will tell Stick he has just created a "Blaster" cannon that should help stick in taking down Professor
MBG. End Chapter.

(note) - You will not be able to manipulate time OR use a blaster in this Chapter.

-Chapter 02: No Title Available
(Rough Summary) Starting off with the "Iron Blaster" equipped, StickMcGee must venture inside the Main Gate to try and destroy the Time Machine.

(note) - You will be able to find and use every "Blaster" in this chapter but the "Mega Blaster".

-Chapter 03: No Title Available

(Rough Summary) After successfully destroying the Time Machine, Professor MBG escapes through a false wall. You must hunt him down and put him behind bars where he belongs.

(note) - By the end of this Chapter, StickMcGee will have every POWERUP and ABILITY the game has to offer.

ABILITIES AND KEY FEATURES:

-Stand
-Walk
-Run
-Jump
-Double Jump
-Wall slide/Wall jump
-Duck
-Use Blasters
-Hang from the Ceiling
-Melee combat
-Manipulate time

We will be adding more as they arise.

SCREENSHOT SECTION:
-Wall sliding

-Hanging from the Ceiling

VIDEO SECTION:

Unedited game play / basic movement / debug level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR-d7BwcfAI

WALLPAPER/ART SECTION:
-The Blaster selection

CONCEPT DESIGN SECTION:
Attachments
Logo Design.png
Alpha Logo Design
Last edited by RippeR7420 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
CURRENT PROJECTS:

-Olo: The Sword Shaman http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12919

-The Wrath of Blob: (On the back burner)

-StickMcGee - Blast to the Future http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13660
RippeR7420

Score: 23 Give a positive score

Re: StickMcGee - Blast to the Future

Postby bat78 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Once I was up with an assertion to animate little stickmans in Pivot SFA
It was all regal and easy to use inside-gE until I ended out of insights regarding their actual value and usage.
I was still unable to create smooth and realistic movements.. so I gave up and moved on.

I was inspired by Xiao Xiao .
I am still inspired and open to play games such as Electricman and that one seems to be of the similar kind except for that it has a story.
Therefore, I am looking forward on the completion of this game.
Hopefully this time it won't happen again to leave it away, just like you did before and seemingly like I did.
Stickmans deserve to live.
Last edited by bat78 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:52 pm

This looks awesome, but how are you gonna get it on steam
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Intruiging gameplay concept. The art style makes me think of Stickman the Isan Warrior by Wertyboy but more consistent by the looks of things... Say has any gE games ever made their way onto steam ever?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:28 pm

This looks promising! The concept is nice, awesome skills thought out so far, especially time manipulation O_O
Seems like a steam worthy game so far, but...
knucklecrunchgames wrote:how are you gonna get it on steam?
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby RippeR7420 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Haha thanks guys! The chapter descriptions were written poorly as I did it out of memory this morning. I'm really excited to announce that the artist who is doing "Olo: The Sword Shaman" with me (link in my signature) will also be on this project! All art you see here at the moment was done by me and is just for placement purposes only. Especially the in game screen shots(obviously). As for Steam, there is no requirement to incorporate any Steam API's into your game in order to get in on Steam, at least to my knowledge (research via Steam website). I have acquired the Greenlight License and will be sharing all information with you guys on the way! Thanks for the feedback guys, happy gaming!

-RippeR7420
CURRENT PROJECTS:

-StickMcGee - Blast to the Future http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13660
RippeR7420

Postby Zivouhr » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:51 am

RippeR7420 wrote:Haha thanks guys! The chapter descriptions were written poorly as I did it out of memory this morning. I'm really excited to announce that the artist who is doing "Olo: The Sword Shaman" with me (link in my signature) will also be on this project! All art you see here at the moment was done by me and is just for placement purposes only. Especially the in game screen shots(obviously). As for Steam, there is no requirement to incorporate any Steam API's into your game in order to get in on Steam, at least to my knowledge (research via Steam website). I have acquired the Greenlight License and will be sharing all information with you guys on the way! Thanks for the feedback guys, happy gaming!

-RippeR7420

Hey RipperR, cool to see you have a new game developing. Do you predict it may be completed by 2015 or 2016?
Keep us updated on your progress on Steam Greenlight. If it gets enough votes, they''ll bring it into the Steam product list? Best success! 8)

How did Wrath of the Blob turn out? That looks like a fun game.
Nice job with the zombie survival game.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby RippeR7420 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:25 am

Hey Zivouhr! Since I don't plan on making this game incredibly complex and long, I'm hoping to have the first Chapter out by the holidays. So late 2015 to early 2016. Each chapter will only take a couple hours to play through. If it gets enough success though I want to release an extended "complete collection" version with all three chapters in one and some added bonus stuff. I'm looking forward to having the GE community back this project on Steam!
CURRENT PROJECTS:

RippeR7420

Postby DeltaLeeds » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 am

RippeR7420 wrote:Hey Zivouhr! Since I don't plan on making this game incredibly complex and long, I'm hoping to have the first Chapter out by the holidays. So late 2015 to early 2016. Each chapter will only take a couple hours to play through. If it gets enough success though I want to release an extended "complete collection" version with all three chapters in one and some added bonus stuff. I'm looking forward to having the GE community back this project on Steam!

Woah, hours of gameplay, but not too complex. Excellent mix, that's what most people like! :D It's good that you don't need steam API to upload to steam and nice job on the Greenlight License! ;)
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Postby RippeR7420 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:05 pm

@Jonathang Thanks man! It seems almost every project I've worked on has grown so much in complexity that it never gets finished so I'm gonna try real hard to not over complicate this one. All you need is $100 for the Greenlight license(http://store.steampowered.com/app/219820/).. But I fully support it. All proceeds(minus taxes) go to Child's Play!
CURRENT PROJECTS:

RippeR7420

Postby DeltaLeeds » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:15 pm

RippeR7420 wrote:@Jonathang Thanks man! It seems almost every project I've worked on has grown so much in complexity that it never gets finished

...And that's exactly why I never finished a single game! Hopefully you keep it simple so you can finish this game! It's always gE pride to have a great completed game using gE!
RippeR7420 wrote:All you need is $100 for the Greenlight license(http://store.steampowered.com/app/219820/).. But I fully support it. All proceeds(minus taxes) go to Child's Play!

That's some dedication you have for game making! I have a hunch that you'll be successful in game making one day! ;)
DeltaLeeds

Postby Jagmaster » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Super excited for this.
Good luck on greenlight. It's not too difficult to get greenlit anymore, but that just means your game has to stand out more. Steam is still a pretty picky crowd, make sure you include all the settings and options people expect (custom controls, 60fps etc) or else you'll get flack. Custom resolution is also a problem, but there's not much you can do about that right now.

Anyways the game itself looks cool. It kind of looks like he has an Arm cannon or the m buster from megaman. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the art, especially since Olo: The Sword Shaman looked so good (still waiting for that game. Hard to believe it's been 2 years... :p ).
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby RippeR7420 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Thanks Jonathang! I didn't actually have to spend a dime out of my pocket though, I have assets on the Game Maker Marketplace that I just got paid for so I decided to re invest the money back into creating games :)

@Jagmaster it is going to be really tough to actually succeed on Steam, but just getting a game on there will be a huge accomplishment :) I do plan on adding a fullscreen/window option, and controller support, but with GE's current features the steam community may not like it all too much. And as for Olo! We are still working on it frequently, but the concept grew to big for GE :( I'll still post demos and what not for it on here even though it will not be created using GE.
CURRENT PROJECTS:

RippeR7420

Postby Zivouhr » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:06 am

RippeR7420 wrote:Hey Zivouhr! Since I don't plan on making this game incredibly complex and long, I'm hoping to have the first Chapter out by the holidays. So late 2015 to early 2016. Each chapter will only take a couple hours to play through. If it gets enough success though I want to release an extended "complete collection" version with all three chapters in one and some added bonus stuff. I'm looking forward to having the GE community back this project on Steam!

Sounds promising. I agree, sometimes a more complicated game could take years, so in the interest of finishing a game, a more basic concept that's fun to play can make the difference. Glad to hear it may be available by 2016 or earlier! 8)
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby RadThadd » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:42 am

Game looks real awesome. Is it coming to android? I'd like an apk file
RadThadd

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Next

Return to Game Development