More of the same...

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

More of the same...

Postby Just4Fun » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:29 pm

These are small requests (I think) and you've seen a few of them before:

1. Add a "Save As" to the file menu. I know that "Save" will allow a user to save a file under a different name, but I think a "Save As" might just be a little more user friendly.

2. Make the Help documentation on the file menu more compatible with non M$ browsers. ie Click and Load files into "FireFox" browser for more varied user compatibility. (or give us a 'How-to' so that someone could make a FireFox plug-in)

3. Fix lineto(). If I draw a single line at 10 pixels the line ends aren't square.

4. Put the ''Newest User Demos" Feature back on the main page. There is plenty of room on the bottom right side under the "Read More". It would fill the white space there and give users an incentive to continue to contribute demos for the site. If there has been difficulty with inappropriate user contributions, you could post the demo criteria above or below the most recent demo picture. I really miss this feature. It was fun and special. :cry:

This is a BIG request that may or may not be appropriate:

5. Add a database Actor so that we can create and save databases. For example: in games, a user could easily make text games with rooms, descriptions, items, etc. And...if, a user wanted to use the database Actor for applications like contacts and telephone numbers, she could do that too! :wink:

OK, I know, enough is enough... :lol:
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby willg101 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:09 pm

Hey! I'm all for expanding out into apps! Infact, I'm work on a huge app called Wish 2 right now.
http://www.wish-games.com
Old betas now available!!
willg101

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby ingsan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:24 am

Thank you Maxslane for the Demo part on the homepage :)
ingsan

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Return to Feature Requests