GE's Presentation

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Re: GE's Presentation

Postby again » Tue May 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Yes I been wanting a change for the longest in several areas. The logo is ok but to impress people you have to make something better then ok ,it needs to be excellent!! Right now the changes we going to make is to help game editor become more popular ,more of an industry standard.
To this end I released some freeware games for windows mobile , tiny wings bounce and angry bird adventures. So far the feedback has been great and there are some andriod developers who are interested in game editor.
Right now is a very critical time for game editor as I see its slowed down. I am working right now to build back up customers for game editor and a better presentation will help. I will start the linkbacks today . Akr can you speed up android port so I can tell the android developers its running fine.
Free windows mobile games like doodle jump and super mario bros
http://krenisis.freeforums.org/
again

Score: 33 Give a positive score

Postby schnellboot » Tue May 03, 2011 6:20 pm

again wrote:Akr can you speed up android port so I can tell the android developers its running fine.

he can't because it's too hard
schnellboot

Score: 102 Give a positive score

Postby again » Tue May 03, 2011 6:39 pm

I know its hard but on xda-developers there are tons of android developers looking for better tools then eclipse. If we can port the android , makslane and akr can recieve some money.
Xda-developers is a huge site , 6 largest in the USA. I already spread word of Game Editor windows mobile , but most developers have moved on to android . Some e-mail me and ask what I use I tell them Game Editor , then they ask of android port. All I can tell them is we made some progress but its not fully complete.
again

Score: 33 Give a positive score

Postby Game A Gogo » Tue May 03, 2011 8:18 pm

OmniArts wrote:new logo concept.

-image-

That logo gave me an idea... Perhaps have all the platforms GE can export to (Iphone, GP2X, Windows Mobile, Computer, Macintosh, Ipad, etc...) and kinda cram them all together. To demonstrate that GE really is power merged in one do-it-all software. This is just my two cents, hopefully it will be inspirational!
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Tue May 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Android is working in generall. Thats not the problem. The build environment is too complex. Thats the problem. We need to think about a datafile submittal portal where you get the android app as a result. This is similar how game maker and gamesalad are handling this.

Furthermore I feel that there is no priority on Android. I see much more potential if we can get ge 1.5 released. We could then do angry bird style games. In the meantime I sent makslane several questions if I am going the right way with the development. Having the right strategy for the future is much more important than getting some features to work.

Hopefully I get his feedback soon. Best case I get a phone call set up with him.
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby Leif » Wed May 04, 2011 7:34 am

Well, it's true that GE has completely grown out from sandbox. Many people has grown with GE )) And still many people wants to have professional instrument to work with.
What do we need to make GE such instrument? Just a little - a bit more design (for professional looks) and some useful features, like customizable environment :) . That's all.

About 1.5 and Android. I vote for Android. This way we can greatly expand and increase number of our followers. Thousands of people are making games for iPhone, Android fans wants to do the same.
Akr, I see your plan is to release 1.5 in 3Q 2011. Great, 3Q is not so far. And again,what about A-port ?
Repulsor beam + heavy cannons
Leif

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby OmniArts » Wed May 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Game A Gogo wrote:
OmniArts wrote:new logo concept.

-image-

That logo gave me an idea... Perhaps have all the platforms GE can export to (Iphone, GP2X, Windows Mobile, Computer, Macintosh, Ipad, etc...) and kinda cram them all together. To demonstrate that GE really is power merged in one do-it-all software. This is just my two cents, hopefully it will be inspirational!

I like this idea and it would make a great poster/banner but do you have any ideas on how we could make a logo/icon from it?
OmniArts

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Postby Game A Gogo » Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 pm

Hmmmm, perhaps some kind of machine that holds various elements from all the consoles? Like a robot that has Ipad as a head, one arm a normal computer, the other a mac, the body a gp2x and legs could be windows mobile and the other iphone/android (since it's planned feature...). Of course the robot doesn't need to be humanoid or even be a robot, like a device that simply holds elements from the various consoles to make some kind of iphone/mobile/gp2x/computer/mac morph! Of course it's easier to do this with the hand-helds... I wish I had the required skills to show you exemple but I'm not the greatest graphic artist when it comes to things like that :P
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Postby OmniArts » Wed May 04, 2011 11:26 pm

no problems, sounds interesting lol, thats enough for me to work with!
OmniArts

Postby skydereign » Wed May 04, 2011 11:38 pm

Well, here was a quick try at something. I like the general idea, though it does feel a tad unbalanced, might try with just an emblem, or change the flags at least. Mind you this was very poorly done, just meant to get the idea across... Currently at school anyways, so I had to use photoshop which I'm not used to at all. Didn't include the ipad, and not sure if we should still include the gp2x and windows mobile, as those engines appear to no longer be supported.
Attachments
test.png
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Game A Gogo » Wed May 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Yeah.. it does feel "too crowded" and perhaps moves further from what we are trying to achieve... The main platforms that GE supports is Linux, Windows and Mac, perhaps something with only those? We also need something more or less symbolic to GE. Maybe my idea wasn't as good as I though S: We need more brain-storming that's for sure. I'm also curious about what idea Makslane and Akr could have, given they are the developers.
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Postby Leif » Thu May 05, 2011 4:37 am

IMHO no need to invent something new. Just do something with good old pacman.
Repulsor beam + heavy cannons
Leif

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby Chai » Fri May 06, 2011 4:26 am

Playing with Game editor logo.
I sketch a few design. so which one do you like?

Chai

Score: 30 Give a positive score

Postby OmniArts » Fri May 06, 2011 8:18 am

nice work chai!
I like no.1 the best and have been thinking "ge" could be one of the best choices to be used for the branding.
we could also have characters from various game-editor games standing around looking up to the GE Logo
no. 4 is also interesting
OmniArts

Postby skydereign » Fri May 06, 2011 9:58 am

Here's a quick sketch inspired by Chai's. I tried to incorporate 1 and 4 together, don't have a scanner so this pic will have to do.
Attachments
geTest.png
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to General