Network games

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Network games

Postby akr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Hello,

The tooltip of the game settings shows hints for the network games settings.

But theses settings seem to be gone.

Is / was there any support?

thx
andreas
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Re: Network games

Postby makslane » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:11 pm

The development was not finished.
Read more:
http://code.game-editor.com/ticket/3
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:10 pm

This feature will be available when the newer version of GE comes out. the newer version of GE is still in development and is lacking in the programmer department because of various reasons.
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby Rux » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Everyone is going to all the other programs like game maker and RPG maker. In order for our community and program to get popular, we need to advertise! Unfortunately, that costs money (for professional advertising at least). You know, I just got flash, and I could make a flash ad. And if someone has the money, they could post it to a popular website, like idk miniclip, youtube, facebook.
I'm not good at coming up with signatures...
Rux

Score: 35 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:10 am

Maybe I can contribute to this excellent engine. I am working on a port to iphone and apple ipad.

cheers
andreas
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Great :-)
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby Rux » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:50 pm

That is great. I was thinking. Maybe we can develop a 3rd party program that will make GE do network games. At least until we get it running in the editor. Or what we need is a way to start a mapped drive that everybody can access by just typing in a URL. Then when the game closes, the mapped drive gets "unmapped". Is there even such thing? We use the save Vars method that already works with networking.
I'm not good at coming up with signatures...
Rux

Score: 35 Give a positive score

Postby Thanx » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:43 pm

People! There are bunches of programming forums out there, and as I understand, there are many of us who take part in some of those. We post games there also, so why not post GE games there too, and SAY that they were made from this, learn more HERE. That I think would boost a lot, and it's not "professional" advertisement, it is just you caring about showing the world what you've done here. Post your best games, and people who like it will say.... hm not a bad game... I want to see a little about this program, AND BANG! You've got a visitor! Also this pushes the GE site up in Google, because it ends up finding more links to us, so our site becomes more relevant for more topics! The more people visit, the higher the potential users!

The time I haven't been here I spent with math, physics, and webprogramming, so I understand this aspect very well, and I say this is something all of us can do, and don't have to put a lot of effort into, to get some really positive effects!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyXexDJBv58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be4__gww1xQ
These are me and playing the piano (second one with a friend/fellow student)
Hope you watch and enjoy!
Thanx

Score: 24 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 pm

This kind of action will be great for the Game Editor comunnity!
makslane
Site Admin

Return to GE - General