Freeware?

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Postby jazz_e_bob » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:56 am

It's simple. If you want the system to evolve and improve you need to free up the developers time.

Makslane needs more $$$ so he can spend less time driving a taxi and more time improving Game Editor for his user base.

If you added up the man hours he has spent in development so far against how much $$$ he has made he is probably working for less than $1 an hour!

PS

So, when is the next build being released? Hurry up! ;-)
Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming.
jazz_e_bob

Score: 14 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:28 am

I noticed that the GE 1.1 demo is now going to be crippled after 7 days of use. Thereafter, anyone who wishes to continue to use it, will need to pay a minimal fee of $2.50 for the windows version. I am wondering if most people could actually figure out how to use this program in only 7 days? I've been using it off and on for a while now, and I'm finally catching on in a small way. Call me dense, maybe, but I think that 7 days is a little short for someone who doesn't know much about authoring programs and/or someone who knows nothing about scripting in the C Language. Aren't most demos for at least 30-90 days? Just curious... :?:
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to GE - General