A few more feature requests

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

Postby DilloDude » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:23 am

I'd like to be able to set CollisionState to SPECIFIED_COLLISION_ONLY, or something like that: for example I have actorA and actorB. I set actorA's collision state to specified only, on create actor. all actorA's collision events still work. On actorB, if I have a collision with actorA, it will still work, but if I set the collision with any actor, it will not collide with actorA. This would be useful if you had lots of collision events with any actor, and you had some actors that wanted to have some collisions, but not ones with any actor. So you wouldn't have to bother checking that collision, like if you disable collision state, but you would still receive specified collisions.
DilloDude

Score: 58 Give a positive score

Postby DilloDude » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:28 am

pavel329 wrote:it seems like your all asking alot of makslane.i'd rather it not be less depending on script.script is wat makes it GE.instead of the sims.without script all we would do is place objects and choose a simple action.i'm really fine the way ge is.

I agree, the script is what gives GE the power. But I would like to
  1. Not have to have the exact same script in 50 different places, and
  2. Give the script editor more power. So there are even more things to do with script, and you can do some complicated things easier.
DilloDude

Postby SergeLo00001 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:56 am

Omg Dillo, u have so many good ideas. Everyone keeps saying what they like or dont like and talkng to each other while, lol.... dillo keeps sparking up more and more ideas.
O, and is there a web site where i can learn about GE's scripts well, or at least a list of all the scripts?
O o, and how do i put in a picture for myself?
O o o, and a signature.
O o o o, and how to put images in signatures, image viewer? is the website http://www.imageviewer.com?
SergeLo00001

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby SergeLo00001 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:08 am

o my bad its imageviper.
SergeLo00001

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby DilloDude » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:40 am

is there a web site where i can learn about GE's scripts well, or at least a list of all the scripts?

The documentation has a info on all the ge functions and lots of other things. Another website I have found helpful ishttp://www.physics.drexel.edu/courses/Comp_Phys/General/C_basics/c_tutorial.html. The thing to remember is that online C tutorials ore usually desiged for C language, rathr than GE, so some things will be slightly different.
how do i put in a picture for myself?
Use the img tag.
and a signature.

click the 'Profile' button up the top, and scroll down to the Signature section, and type your signature.
how to put images in signatures
again, use the img tag, in your signature.
DilloDude

Postby DilloDude » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:50 am

I would like to be able to use up and down keys to change animation while tiling, rather than exiting tile mode, selecting the actor again, pressing tile and then selecting the new animation.
DilloDude

Postby DilloDude » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:55 am

DilloDude

Postby DilloDude » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:37 am

Two other useful functions would be variants of the CollisionFree function, one where you specify two actors, and it returns whether actor1 would not collide with actor2 if it was at position (x,y). Like it is now it returns whether actor would not collide with any actor if it was at (x,y).
Another variant is a bit like getAllActorsInCollision. This one would return an array of all the actors that actor would collide with if it was at (x,y).
DilloDude

Postby DilloDude » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:17 pm

It could also be useful in some cases to be able to change the position of the mouse throuh script, either with a special function, or by making xmouse and ymouse not read-only. One example would be something like a first-person-shooter, or something similar, where each frame, you move the view so the center is where the mouse is, and then move the mouse back to the center. Another case would be when you drag the mouse off the screen and it comes back the other side.
DilloDude

Postby DilloDude » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:09 am

Another useful thing would be to have a spot where you can set an initial value for actor variables. This could be extremely useful, especially for making that actor list shorter, without making things too difficult to manage.
DilloDude

Previous

Return to Feature Requests