would you pay extra to be able to export games to consoles

yes
61%
no
39%

Total votes : 18

consoles

Postby totalnoob » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:04 pm

i was wondering when game editor would go the next step and release a version in which you could make games for ps2 and xbox and gamecube and the next gen consoles????

To+a1 n0o8
totalnoob

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Game A Gogo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:25 pm

fo gamecube, youl need special cds, which you can only order from the compagny itself.
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby Novice » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:45 pm

It would be nice but i think pointles because of the licencing.
Why do i always get stuck?
Novice

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby irblinx » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:46 pm

The current generation all use proprietary CD authoring techniques which would prevent tou creating games for them (or ar least make it very hard).

Unless the next gen consoles loosen the licensing to allow for homebrew then it would be pointless. Sony have already shown with the PSP that they will do everything in their power to prevent hombrew so I doubt this would change for PS3. Ninty are likely to be the same as they both make their money from licensing games rather than selling hardware.

Whilst MS are in largely the same boat with X-Box 360 they have at least hinted that homebrew will be a possibility on X-Box live, however they have also announced a game development platform so again building compatibility in GE seems a bit pointless.

I would prefer to let Makslane concentrate on improving support for the current platforms and possibly adding further mobile platforms (symbian & palm for instance although of no interest to me personally)
irblinx
http://www.irblinx.me.uk/Crania.htm
Current projects: Crania deluxe for Mac, iCrania
irblinx

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby Jokke » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:47 pm

it would be slightly illegal, because u need to "crack" the console so u can play downloaded games, thats the only way i can get ut to work...it wont work on GC though
Jokke

Postby atarikee » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Jokke wrote:it would be slightly illegal, because u need to "crack" the console so u can play downloaded games, thats the only way i can get ut to work...it wont work on GC though

However, the Dreamcast would require no "cracking", as it already has CD-R support built in, and would only require the necessary boot loading files and a ported GE runtime to run games on the console. There's already a decent sizable DC homebrew community, using freeware dev tools, and having the GE runtime ported to the console would open up a whole new chapter in DC homebrew. I guess its a matter of interest, really, and a matter of how many people actually own or still own a DC. Just something I wanted to throw out there...
Fenix for Dreamcast Technical Page
http://atari.vg-network.com/dcfenix.html

Coinop History Archive
http://atari.vg-network.com
atarikee

Postby Jokke » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:55 pm

well, i know nothing about the DC console, i was referring to the others.
Jokke

Postby pavel329 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Novice wrote:It would be nice but i think pointles because of the licencing.
You wouldn't have to sell the games.You could still play them and show ur friends.But the part abut the controller might not be easy.
Drugs r bad.
Mgaay?

pavel329

Postby Flob » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:19 pm

I think it would be cool to play custom Super Mario Brothers 3 levels on Nintendo (origonal and yes i still have mine) im currently working on 5 worlds, 20 levels each, last boss shall be LINK!!!!
Flob

Postby Game A Gogo » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:07 am

Flob wrote:I think it would be cool to play custom Super Mario Brothers 3 levels on Nintendo (origonal and yes i still have mine) im currently working on 5 worlds, 20 levels each, last boss shall be LINK!!!!

I hope you wont sell it.
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Postby Murd-Machine[_] » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:17 pm

No. What for?
But making games for Series60 and Palm-based devises will be great! :wink:
Looking forward to see it!
Murd-Machine[_]

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby Kodo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:48 pm

It has already been mentioned here, but you can’t sell a game that resembles someone else’s product too closely, or with their artwork/sprites/sound/music/name. If you do you’ll probably find yourself in court. If you plan to sell your game you must be sure that everything is completely original (i.e. produced by you), if it isn’t then you must have written permission from the original author of the material in order to use it, or in many cases (especially with sound and music) purchased a licence from the author in order to use the material in your product. Even adding the original authors name to the credits and saying thanks wont protect you.

Basically, if you plan to sell your game you should play it safe and do it by the book or it could come back a bite you, hard!
Kodo

Score: 23 Give a positive score

Postby kyensoftware » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:25 am

Game A Gogo wrote:fo gamecube, youl need special cds, which you can only order from the compagny itself.

No,
You can buy'em
just they are espensive like $13.99(AU) For five
Still, it counts as pirated games
ps 50 cds(ordinary) are $20.00(AU)
kyensoftware

Postby Joshua Worth » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:41 pm

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :lol:
Stay sweet
Joshua Worth

Postby Game A Gogo » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:54 pm

no can do, game-cube and Wii cds are written backwards (the game-cube can turn the CD both ways, thats why) and are dvds whit double layers.
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Next

Return to Feature Requests