GE is not supported on the new GP2X WIZ

Non-platform specific questions.

GE is not supported on the new GP2X WIZ

Postby Oman » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Hey everyone,

It has come to my attention that GE is not supported on the GP2X WIZ (see http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/topic/48696-my-wiz-testing-but-i-dont-have-a-wiz/)... :( seeing as the GE home page says that GE supports GP2X development, which should include the WIZ as that is a part of the line of GP2X's, I believe we need to get this fixed as soon as possible!

Mak? any chance you could send out a really quick update? Im sure we r only missing some header files or something like that...?
"Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself." - Max Ehrmann
Oman

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Re: GE is not supported on the new GP2X WIZ

Postby J Maker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:19 pm

yeah, GP2X Wiz would be a cool thing to have on game editor because its an actual handheld console. all u have to do is load the files on an SD card. it shouldnt be that hard for mak to change it. will it?
Some people believe Chuck Norris evolved from a dinosaur, the Chucknorisaurus.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he waits.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't hunt, he kills.
Chuck Norris once shot down a german fighter plane with his finger by yelling BANG!!!
J Maker

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 pm

The first version of GP2X game engine was made with the promisse from a GP2X vendor in put the Game Editor in the GP2X CD.
After engine done, I haven't any feedback from the vendor. I've sen't several emails to the gp2x.com and no a single response.
Now I haven't time to make the port, but you can try get developer community attention to make the GP2X wiz port.
I think there are only few changes in the original engine.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby Oman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:24 pm

makslane wrote: I've sen't several emails to the gp2x.com

unfortunately, no such website exists, but im assuming uk this.
makslane wrote:The first version of GP2X game engine was made with the promisse from a GP2X vendor.

Only a promise? that seems kinda dodgy, were any contracts or legal documents involved?
makslane wrote:you can try get developer community attention to make the GP2X wiz port.

Hmm... how would i go about this? Mabye someone on this forum? any persons you would suggest?
makslane wrote:I think there are only few changes in the original engine.

any idea what those changes would be? Some header files perhaps? or other changes?
Oman

Postby makslane » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Oman wrote:unfortunately, no such website exists, but im assuming uk this.

No. Is the gp2x.com the site of GamePark Holdings.

Only a promise? that seems kinda dodgy, were any contracts or legal documents involved?

No. Just emails.

idea what those changes would be? Some header files perhaps? or other changes?

Just search for GP2X in the source code.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby Oman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:26 am

makslane wrote:No. Is the gp2x.com the site of Game Park Holdings.

i believe their current site is http://www.globalgph.com/index.php

If you have a second would you mind inquiring to their company for the possible integration (so we know what code we need to make the port as efficient as posible, etc...) as part of your previous agreement, companies are surprisingly lenient if you suggest yourself as possible advertisement. (because game-editor has a large community, integration with GE has the ability to draw a large crowd to the Wiz)

While you are doing that I will look around the source code and see if i can't drum up some ports. Anyone with more knowledge who would like to attempt this as well (fuzzy,game a gogo, etc...) if you could give it a shot I would be eternally grateful

Thank you

Oman
Last edited by Oman on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oman

Postby Oman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:38 am

Or makslane I could make the inquiries (with gph) with your permission. If that's easier for you. I would act as an avid fan of GE with express permission of Makslane R. (site admin at game-editor.com)?

It's up to you.
Oman

Postby makslane » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:39 pm

The help we need from the GP2X makers is a market help (like putting a Game Editor version in the media thats come with GP2X!).
We don't need him for technical details.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby makslane » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Oman wrote:Or makslane I could make the inquiries (with gph) with your permission. If that's easier for you. I would act as an avid fan of GE with express permission of Makslane R. (site admin at game-editor.com)?

Please!!!!! :-)
makslane
Site Admin

Postby Oman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Ok, well before we can get GE on the media that comes preloaded with the WiZ, GE must be supported on the wiz. So once again I cry for the help of my superiors, lolz
Oman

Return to General