GE source code question

Non-platform specific questions.

Re: GE source code question

Postby skydereign » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 pm

We're currently working out how the splash screen will work in 1.5. Optional removal of the splash may happen, and yes it is kind of inconvenient. Though the point of the splash screen was to help recognize gE (and if you could remove it some people wouldn't make a better version of it).
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby happyjustbecause » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 am

I personally don't have a big issue with the logo and such. But it would be really nice to see the graphics re-worked, and it may have a bit more appeal with new graphics. I don't think it would be a dramatic change to the amount of traffic game editor got, but it may help. If anything, most members would probably be appreciative to have new graphics.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby chicoscience » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:05 am

Ok I'm pretty new here but here's my 2cents.

I think the logo should be optional and be easy to toggle on/off. Also if you toggle logo on, would be nice to choose between various premade options or supply your own logo.

This way users could chose how they want to support the editor and give more choices to make the game look more professional.

One could for exemple display no logo and then mention game editor in the credits or in a "thanks" screen. Another option that I think it's very professional is to put downside in the title screen a list with small logos of everything you use. A user made reference to game editor could go there.

I also think this is necessary for GE get more users, more companies using it. Seriously, if we give money and/or express our support and/or help in forums and/or help with code and/or help with ideas, we need more freedom within our games.

I just registered but I've been reading the forums for some time. There are praticaly 5 guys here that are Jedi and help everyone. This would bring more Jedi as well.
chicoscience

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks for the input. We will be changing how the current splash screen works, but after the 1.5 release is finished. Currently we are busy with preparing 1.5 for release.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby chicoscience » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:45 am

skydereign wrote:Thanks for the input. We will be changing how the current splash screen works, but after the 1.5 release is finished. Currently we are busy with preparing 1.5 for release.

Awesome.

btw skydereign you are a Jedi.
chicoscience

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby master0500 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:01 am

chicoscience wrote:
skydereign wrote:Thanks for the input. We will be changing how the current splash screen works, but after the 1.5 release is finished. Currently we are busy with preparing 1.5 for release.

Awesome.

btw skydereign you are a Jedi.

and i'm Master Yoda :mrgreen:
master0500

Score: 27 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to General