Score multiplier example

You must understand the Game Editor concepts, before post here.

Score multiplier example

Postby ikarus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:15 am

Thought I'd give an update on my game by giving something back to the community! As mentioned in my BoxByte game thread, score multipliers were requested, so here's an example of what I'll actually be using in my game to handle score multipliers. The animations of the multiplier visual will be used in my game, as the code itself. I must warn you though that I use javascript brace rules in coding because that's what I'm used to it. But if it's really a problem it should be easy to move the first braces to new lines. Features are:

-Three multiplier score fields (based on color of course)
-Each multiplier score field doesn't overlap the other (starts multiplier over gracefully)
-limiter to how soon the multiplier kicks in
-limits how high the multiplier goes
-should be pretty easy to modify to your needs

Controls are:
<- left arrow to increase blue points
-> right arrow to increase red points
^ up arrow to increase green points

And if you know me I got to have awesome particles!!!! :mrgreen:
Particles are made custom for this, might find a use for them somewhere. And all animation done in synfig. You're free to use anything in this.
[edit]
I don't think I've ever ever had my code scrutinized before so I have no idea how efficient the code is or how good a programmer I am lol, so warnings!
Attachments
multiplier.zip
(133.42 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.code1011.com <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
ikarus

Score: 11 Give a positive score

Re: Score multiplier example

Postby skydereign » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 am

The effect is nice. The code seems legible, even if you put the braces like that, probably because of the spacing you use. One thing though is that I'd have the multiplier effects increase as the combo increases. Currently it has the same size effect for the combo. That and maybe not have them flash all colors, or just give the emphasis to the color you are collecting. But, I can't say, as I haven't seen it in your game. Anyway nice job, look forward to seeing it in game.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Return to Advanced Topics