Text and maybe some SQL ?

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

Text and maybe some SQL ?

Postby Banana1 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:12 am

Hello d00dz :)
GE looks really nice and the export to Pocket PC totally rocks!!
The only thing missing in GE is the lack of text based function supports. for example, people not only want to make games that use graphics, they may want to make some text based games like soccer managers (for example i wanted to do some with nice looking graphics but hey, the text stuff is missing)

another bad point of the software is, the licensing. you can sell Major versions and can request people to upgrade or buy another license for a major update, yes you can do that. but NO, you cannot request people to buy another license with a Minor upgrade. thats rude.

will there be any stuff added were we can store or calc some text routines?
like store numbers calc with them for example soccer releated...

thanks, bye :D
Banana1

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby marathon332 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:06 pm

I disagree with you about the licensing...

15 dollars for a license on this software is ridiculously cheap for a tool of this calibre.

Makslane has made the buy-in very attractive and affordable for hobbyists , the main market for the product.

In order to do what you're suggesting, he'd have to charge around $100 for every license which would knock it out of the reach of many people who just want to fool around with it.

In fact, you can pay the $100 yearly license fee and get what you're suggesting.

So I don't see what your issue is...

--Steve
http://pdatoday.blogspot.com
marathon332

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Postby Diana Kennedy » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:24 pm

marathon332 wrote:I disagree with you about the licensing...

15 dollars for a license on this software is ridiculously cheap for a tool of this calibre.

I agree with that. I think that the offer is very fair: A trial period and then, when you think that the tool suits your needs, 15 bucks to have it registered. After all, you theoretically can produce games that you can sell at your turn.
Diana Kennedy

Location: France, where Presidents who got shot in Texas do exile ;-)

Postby Joshua Worth » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:58 am

I don't get what your problem with the text is, because GE can do text functions and calculate and print out numbers. So WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM??

By the way, Makslane has actually talked about only making games in GE at the moment, not really for making apps of any kind.
Stay sweet
Joshua Worth

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby robin.deman » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:41 am

Come'on Banana1..

- Have you looked at what others ask for an license of their products.?
> If you want to go cheap: buy the Basic Package for a redicules cheap 15 bucks!

- Most of these do not offer the good support what the author of GE gives.
> Makslane listens very close to the requests of his GE users.

And don't forget a very good online community for help and info for support.

About the updates part:
I'll bet that you would really want the new and improved functions that come with every update.
It aren't only updates, you can consider them rather more as upgrades if you look at the new functions, improvements and compatibility.

I rather find it a good price, it's totally worth every penny!
robin.deman

Return to Feature Requests