APRIL TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_ROUND2

Game Editor comments and discussion.

APRIL TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_ROUND2

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:09 am

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :D

This tournament now marks one year of my tournaments. This is the second April tournament. The theme is Round 2 of Pong (I only use this theme again as it is a special event)! Last year, our champion, the first champion of the Nightly Tournaments was skydereign with his game xball. Our runner-up was HBlade and Adventure Pong. Our first judges were master0500, SuperSonic, and the master_judge, skydereign (who didn't grade his own game, just used percentages to determine winner).

Pong revolutionized the gaming industry, and I decided that I would have a second round to honor it and my first tournament. Also, in honor of my tournaments, I will create a Night Hall of Fame for these tournaments. sky's xball will be put in automatically and I am nominating Adventure Pong, Escape to Death, Dark and Dead, and Mine-Bot (note that two of the games were not first place, so you can nominate second place games). I am going to create a voting team that nominates and votes if a game gets in my hall of fame. You can not nominate your own game.

Last year, we had seven entrants, lets match, or break the tournament record.

With that, here is the rubric:

Theme- x/10- how well does it follow the theme of this tournament? If the theme total is less than an average of five points, you are disqualified.
Originality- x/10- Is this a new game, or is the same one that we always play and see?
Creativity- x/10- Do they use the elements in this game to enhance game-play?
Title- x/10- If you saw the title of this game, would it make you want to read the back?
sound- x/5- Do they fit in with the graphics, story, and overall, sound good?
music- x/5- Do they fit in with theme, story, action, and overall, make the tempo of the game?
graphics- x/10- Do they appeal to you, do they fit in with the theme, are they a good fit to the story?
game-play- x/10- Is this something with replay value, is it addicting, is it something that is was worth playing?
overall- x/20- How do you feel about this game as a whole?
Judge Total- x/90- The judge grading this must add up the above total to get one grand Judge Total.
Judge Bonus- x/10- 1st person perspective

Master Judge Rubric:

Master Total- x/90j- j=number of judges- Master Judge adds up all of Judges' score to get one grand master total.
Master Bonus- x/10j- j=number of judges- Master Judge adds up all of Judges' score to get one grand master bonus total.

The deadline is the 21st of April, no exceptions. Judge week is 22nd-28th of April, and I am confident there will be an award ceremony, so that will be 29th-30th.

As always, the bonus is a tie-breaker. That means if John has 59 points and 2 bonus points, and Jimmy has 60 points and 0 bonus points, Jimmy wins because he has a larger Master Total. If both have sixty and John has one bonus point and Jimmy has 0, then John wins since he won the tie-breaker. If there is still a tie, the master judge will decide how to break the tie.

I am going to try to enter this one, already have idea. I hope to see sky either defend his title, or participate in some way. :wink: Also, you can't resubmit games you entered last year.

Next tournament will start May 2nd.

GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN, and GET STARTED!!! :D
Attachments
Pong.png
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: APRIL TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_ROUND2

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 am

If you want to be a judge, contact me.
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby Hblade » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:31 am

THIS WILL BE FUN :D
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby master0500 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:15 am

haven't used gE for a while cuz of school, though i think i'll have a crack at this one
master0500

Score: 27 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:19 am

I think I'll enter this tournament. It would be nice to have a small project for taking a little break from the development of Sabre. :)
I think I'll go for somewhat new kind of pong, we'll see what I can come up with! :wink:
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 pm

This is awesome.

We already have 4 possible contestants.
We do need some more judges.
No submitted games, of course since the tournament started.

My game is Ultimate Pong Mega, the one I am trying to make. Lets get 7 or more people to join this tournament. Also, who will be in my hall of fame voting team.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:11 am

Just curious, are you joining H, I kind of assumed you were. :P
Also, you guys don't have to tell, if you want to surprise us, but what is your games about; mine is sequel to my last entry, Ultimate Pong. It is Ultimate Pong Mega or UPM/UP2. Everything is circular, although, I already encountered a problem that I will have to fix. I am going to re-release Ultimate Pong for you guys to see what it was like. Here you go!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76412969/UltimatePong.exe
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:20 am

Guys, I want a joystick for my game to move the players and I know this is a huge favor but can you guys show me how to do it and explain the meaning behind and some game vocab that I should know that I may not know by now. I am a bit embarrassed to have to ask you guys this after I have been on for more than 2 years but I haven't learned how to do much stuff with GE in those times and have mainly went on the forum. That was not by my choice either, just because I have not had as much opportunities to get on GE as I would have liked. I want a joystick because I feel movement will be more smooth than with key controls or the mouse.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:01 pm

so, anybody here know how to?
NightOfHorror

Postby bat78 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:36 am

im lazy to read all that to find out what are you looking for. Can u tell that once now xP
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:10 am

NightOfHorror wrote:Just curious, are you joining H, I kind of assumed you were. :P
Also, you guys don't have to tell, if you want to surprise us, but what is your games about; mine is sequel to my last entry, Ultimate Pong. It is Ultimate Pong Mega or UPM/UP2. Everything is circular, although, I already encountered a problem that I will have to fix. I am going to re-release Ultimate Pong for you guys to see what it was like. Here you go!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76412969/UltimatePong.exe

Yes I'll be entering =)
Hblade

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:46 pm

awesome! :D
NightOfHorror

Postby Hblade » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:55 pm

^_^
Hblade

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Bumping to remind everyone about it, also my game, I fixed a huge problem, found another, so on and so forth. :P
NightOfHorror

Postby Hblade » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm really running dry on an idea xD But I must push to think of one quick xD
Hblade

Next

Return to GE - General