BIG problem in the 1.3.9 version.

Non-platform specific questions.

BIG problem in the 1.3.9 version.

Postby Sgt. Sparky » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:49 pm

There is a really frustrating problem in the 1.3.9 version of Game Editor that was not in the 1.3.8 version:
When certain actors are destroyed in the Executable they are almost instantly recreated (1 frame delay!).
It is difficult to work around this because I must use variables to represent weither the player should be there or not.
This glitch was in the 1.3.7 version, and now it has made a come back. :(
It would be nice if makslane could remove this glitch again so that I can make a game without spending a long time editing all my events that have to do with my player ect. for making a game work.
Random Links:
viewtopic.php?p=19474#19474
Right now (10/14/2009) I'm working on some C++ projects, but I might be able to help if you have some Game Editor questions. :)
Sgt. Sparky

Score: 236 Give a positive score

Re: BIG problem in the 1.3.9 version.

Postby Troodon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:52 am

Certain actors come back before being destroyed? Does this happen with all actors or just with clones? In UI events or in script events? Or in both?
Do you know what kind of actors come back?

There is no perfect versions, that's why we have updates. :)
I don't know if this bug is caused by the same reason that it was in the 1.3.7. If yes, then it may be easy to fix. If not, you must wait for a fix and it can take little time.
I can't die, I already tried
~on the forums since GE 1.3.3~
Troodon

Score: 56 Give a positive score

Re: BIG problem in the 1.3.9 version.

Postby Sgt. Sparky » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:15 pm

tekdino wrote:Certain actors come back before being destroyed? Does this happen with all actors or just with clones? In UI events or in script events? Or in both?
Do you know what kind of actors come back?

There is no perfect versions, that's why we have updates. :)
I don't know if this bug is caused by the same reason that it was in the 1.3.7. If yes, then it may be easy to fix. If not, you must wait for a fix and it can take little time.

Makslane PM'd me, I sent him the problem project. He said he will se what he can do.
Random Links:
viewtopic.php?p=19474#19474
Right now (10/14/2009) I'm working on some C++ projects, but I might be able to help if you have some Game Editor questions. :)
Sgt. Sparky

Score: 236 Give a positive score

Return to General