7%
I just want this to happan
36%
I dont care.
4%

Total votes : 28

Re: Game-Editor Revival

Postby bat78 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:00 pm

foleyjo wrote:Jeez you really are pathetic and childish you don't even seem to respond to what I say.

Bat I do apologise for defending myself from Mr Pedantic there. I didn't realise when someone says it's done that means only one person doesn't get a chance to respond anymore

Sky already gave his opinion on HTML5 and android. No reason to bother him.

Everyone is unique so it is wrong to discuss ourselves, especially here. In forums of game developement and here - in a threat for revival of the main engine. I mean.. we are not in the church or the court, if you are even least disciplined, you would skip the part with "He is blah, i don't like him, You are just being *****" and so on.
Everyone of us have a nice ego doe i don't think that will end up with "You are right, ik i am failure." So it is just
- a waste of time
- a waste of efforts
- a waste of sense
- a waste of maturity
and its just not in place. I am ready to say whatever just to continue leading the threat on the topic as it is supposed to be.

And im "saying" again, to make sure anyone is actually reading.. until i am aware of my possibilities for developing... i can't say that anything is possible. For such question ask sky. Also everything else is a matter of opinion. @foley if peple vote on your suggestion.. and we get 5 votes from known users.. that means it is worthful.. and i will be aiming to do it, nomatter of my own opinion. Thats actually how i will do with any single suggestion from my long list. Isn't it fair?

Scopre-up for everyone approached in earnest right in here.
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby foleyjo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:44 am

[quote="bat78 @foley if peple vote on your suggestion.. and we get 5 votes from known users.. that means it is worthful.. and i will be aiming to do it, nomatter of my own opinion. Thats actually how i will do with any single suggestion from my long list. Isn't it fair?
[/quote]

As I've maintained throughout, I understand that some of what I suggested is not possible as GE currently stands. My argument as always been about the importance of those features on attracting new customers. I said early on that my suggestions were a method on how to attract people to GE over it's competition.
I also suggested a way everyone could help in advertising GE (ad's for other users games in your own game) and mentioned a reason why GE looks out of date (gp2x) but all that was overlooked.

What I took offence to was the way that you patronised me and made out that my opinion was invalid because of how little time I have spent on GE the past couple of years.
If you want people to help GE improve then you really need to get rid of the "Can't Do, Won't Do, You're stupid for suggesting it" attitude. It seems from knucklecrunchgames' post I'm not the only one to experience this kind of responce.

It does seem that your revival is more aimed at people who have already decided to use GE to make games (Sky even said outright that this is his main focus), yet everything I've suggested (plausable or not) is related to encouraging those undecided people to try GE over similar products.
This is fair enough. You should have made that clearer. I did even question this in my first couple of posts but you said otherwise.
KISS -Keep It Simple Stoopid
foleyjo

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:51 am

Do you think game editor may have been more popular if it could actually export to a console?
I mean it would be horrifically awsome if I could play my GE game on a Game Boy Advance!
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby foleyjo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:32 am

You're asking for trouble with that question :P

To be respectful to Bat I think we should take that discussion elsewhere Turon.
It's a fact that the more compilers you offer the more people will be attracted to use GE so whatever compilers we can think of, we can assume that the responce is - In theory yes good idea, in practice unlikely to happen anytime soon based on current dev team.

**In fact I've started a thread for it : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13362
foleyjo

Postby Turon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:44 am

Sorry...I was talking theoretically but maybe which is probably out of place in a topic like this....

Most people who download Game Editor think they won't need to do any programming which is what I thought
when I came here.
This may sound stupid (like my last post) but maybe we should try to attract more hardcore programmers to this sofware?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:43 am

foleyjo wrote:It does seem that your revival is more aimed at people who have already decided to use GE to make games (Sky even said outright that this is his main focus)

I don't think that is what I said, and if I did, it was not intended. My main focus is to make improvements to the editor that will make gE a better tool. By doing so it will surely benefit the current gE users, but it will also make it easier for newer (and potential) users. Any changes I make will improve the experience for current users, but a lot of the changes I am working on benefit the general image of gE as a development tool. For instance improving the script editor visually and adding customizable controls to gameEditor will vastly improve people's initial reactions to gameEditor. From all of the people I've shown gE to that have programming experience, the current script editor was the number one reason they wouldn't want to use gE. Also creating a game editor project format such that gE development can become actually collaborative. So while in a way I am not trying to increase the attractiveness of gE, I am working to make it so if people won't automatically disregard it. As it stands gE doesn't look like a strong programming game engine, nor does it look like a simple nonprogramming one.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:21 pm

I am just done with foleyjo he is is making from one word - another and i am tired of repeating things over and over again. I feel like communicating with a person with u/b and with slow'd down social ostentatious. No more wasting time in answering him. I am sometimes overpatient.
Also if you understand why your suggestion is not possible. Don't wonder about it anymore and don't try to change my threatd's topic :roll:

However.. fortunatelly for me, sky totally thinks with my apsect of view.
Which engages my hopes.
bat78

Postby foleyjo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Sorry Sky, It appears that I read what you put in the wrong context and misunderstood when you said

I'm more concerned with retaining users that don't join the forum. Only a very small number of people downloading gE join the forums.

I missed the "Don't join the forum" bit :oops:

Bat why the hell are you insulting me on a personal level?
Everytime I try to move on someone seems to pop up and have an insulting dig at me. I have tried to be respectful to you and have offered you praise rather than insults a couple of times, maybe 1 or 2 insulting remarks may have slipped though but I have never insulted your intelligence or social skills.
The insults I have made were solely aimed at Goettsch

Also when you are done with someone it is a good idea not to then ask them a question.

Heres an idea for how to revive things,

Stop being Stubborn, Patronising, pricks who are not open to ideas that are outside the current closed scope of a plan that you may have conceived for software that has fallen way behind it's competition, a competition that offers the things that you have suggested and the the things that I have suggested and a whole lot more.
Don't belittle and insult new and returning members for having an idea, just because there is nobody with the skills or time to make that idea work and don't suggest that the idea is pointless and unwelcome for the same reasons.

I enjoy game-editor. I love it's freedom. But you know what, the game I've started working on in GE; I've just created the same thing in Construct 2 in a fraction of the time and I can play it on my PC and on my phone, and all my friends will be able to play it on there phones without me having to worry about resolutions.
foleyjo

Postby bat78 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Yes you insulted @Goettsch.
I accept we are all equal in the forums, noone deserves such behaviour.
I am influenced exactly from you, seems you like doing convos with insults. I thought if i support that.. we'll stop.. but we'll never stop :lol:
I am doing my best to ignore that, because it is totally pointless.. but really can't leave others ruin my post by answering to you too.
I asked you 4 times exactly to stop, now i think you really deserve what i said about you. If you want to turn it into a personal-level disscusion.. your time to post ;)

I just said no ..and you turned into all defensive. Thats from where i had to actually drop the entire case with you.
Thats my mistake.
Last edited by bat78 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bat78

Postby foleyjo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:56 pm

bat78 wrote:Yes you insulted @Goettsch.
I accept we are all equal in the forums, noone deserves such behaviour.
I am influenced exactly from you, seems you like doing convos with insults. I thought if i support that.. we'll stop.. but we'll never stop :lol:
I am doing my best to ignore that, because it is totally pointless.. but really can't leave others ruin my post by answering to you too.
I asked you 4 times exactly to stop, now i think you really deserve what i said about you. If you want to turn it into a personal-level disscusion.. your time to post ;)

while(bat78 continues to post things aimed at me == true)
{
*Tumbleweed rolls past*
Already left mate!!
}
foleyjo

Postby digiot » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:07 pm

@ sky :
That's all nice to hear !
So you are working on the Android port on your own now, or is Akr helping ?
Yes, the editor ! Do what you can, anything will help !
And the dev-guide is a great idea !

@ all :
It is a pity, that all the discussion above has not lead to a result.
That was a chance, to define the limits of GE, and also the claims of the user.

Everyone should know, that no smaller project can catch up with all the new
evolutions of devices, popping up like mushrooms after the rain.

GE don't has to have a port for every hype, Android and Mac are the most
important ones, the desktops are obligatory, any other ports depending on
the time and the skills of existing, active developers.

One thing came into my mind, I've never noticed anywhere, and that's the
history of GE !
Maybe, with an interview with Makslane, discovering the genesis and the first
steps of GE ?

Cheers !
digiot

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Ok guys, I emailed gamejolt advertising gameEditor on the site and here is the reply I got

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your interest. See our rates below. If you have a monthly budget in mind, let me know and I can put together a few packages for you.

Our Rates:
Top leader board 728x90 site wide above the fold - $2.25 CPM
Medium rectangle 300x250 - $2.75 CPM
Home Page Takeover - $10 CPM
Pre-roll Video - $10 CPM (usually 15s or 30s)

We accept payment via paypal.

Thanks!
Yaprak

So I might get this for a month and of course I would ask makslane or who ever is in charge now :lol: And if maks says its fine and I buy this, which one should I get?
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Great work, kcg!

If we want to start advertising, before paying for anything, let's make the ads themselves. I would like to do the ads, I can do pretty nice quality graphics with Inkscape. It's important that the ads look good. I'd love to get some good ideas for the ads.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:58 pm

lcl wrote:Great work, kcg!

If we want to start advertising, before paying for anything, let's make the ads themselves. I would like to do the ads, I can do pretty nice quality graphics with Inkscape. It's important that the ads look good. I'd love to get some good ideas for the ads.

Hello lcl,
There is a computer legend saying that we remember the event, left for each particular jubilee number. Don't like being fanatical.. will you remember your 200st score up with good. xD
I won't hide important things. LcL said in skype that the forums are like family for him.. which means i am supposed to be something like his brother.
We had some moral complications.. but here i say.. that we also have to be professional. If i was.. i wouldn't mention about the stuff that made you feel bad.. and if you were.. you wouldn't pay attention to them. Me and i both know what we talk about.. and lets that drama stay in skype. gE community is weak.. but is going better. strengthens. As long as there are still motivated people.. it won't take turn over. As an example i will give @foleyjo
He quit again, because "It was not very welcomeful for him". That is true.
I've been in thousands of community envs and i am aware how fast it can change. Even if makslane come around.. it won't be that "welcomeful" (WEEELL...)

To all:
Im givin up.
Giving up in supporting immature beahaviour and i will fight against it. Giving up in leading pointless conversations, giving up in pretending to be able to do everything.
I can do a lot.. but everything is far in my possibilities. What i only need to hear.. that im not in mistake about all of that. I'll be glad if i hear it also from sky.
As i see.. other people just say "Game revival is not a bad idea" but they didn't discuss my methods.. and even maybe we don't share the same interest.
Even if i am hanged for the following sentense.. i will still pretend its a true one. It looks we are not enough motivated to actually spare enough efforts.
I believe in all others. I've seen in what they are cappable of. I believe you guys.. will make an awesome add. But if we have to be in the reallity that im keep talking for.. i have to say that.. its just a start and it is nothing compared to what we actually can do - together. So don't waste a lot attention NOW. First.. lets get unite.
Then everyone will be able to release their immagination. ;)
bat78

Postby Zivouhr » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:33 am

I'm new here, but will add to what others have suggested:

As with any gaming console, Fun Games created using Game Editor will attract more people to give the Creation Software a try. The challenge is getting enough people to know about the games made on Game Editor, as the thread originally suggests. That in itself will do more to sway more people to this forum than anything else. They'll play the fun game and see the Game Editor logo, and hopefully give the program a go. It's a great tool.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to GE - General