iPhone - iPad and Mac OS X Beta announcement

iPhone/iPod/iPad specific questions and discussion

Re: iPhone - iPad and Mac OS X Beta announcement

Postby akr » Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am

marcwakefield wrote:Sounds great! Especially the build submit service bit for non Mac owners.
What kind of Mac would I need to submit apps by the way?

I may want to buy the commercial version of game editor along with a Mac but I am a self employed web designer so I need to be sure I will get ROI. Could I do it on an old G4 or do I need to buy a mac mini?

We support (Snow) Leopard 10.5 and higher. Intel only.

Andreas
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby grimlog » Fri May 14, 2010 1:16 pm

will I be able to transfer all my windows developed .ged into my mac for the package to app store? Or will there need to be some special additions or re-works in the windows developed .ged?

Thank you for your answers ahead of time! Cheers 8)
grimlog

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 pm

grimlog wrote:will I be able to transfer all my windows developed .ged into my mac for the package to app store? Or will there need to be some special additions or re-works in the windows developed .ged?

Thank you for your answers ahead of time! Cheers 8)

No rework except the points I stated in my last post. You can work with your .ged file on Windows and export it to .dat for the Xcode build for appstore.
Set the app settings to iPhone in the windows game-editor. You can even simulate the accelerometer using joystick. So a marble game could be developed on windows entirely.

Andreas

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Postby grimlog » Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 pm

i take it that the iphone option comes up in the windows paid version? i have only the free version. or will it be added to the menu when the mac version is released?
grimlog

Postby marcwakefield » Fri May 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Yay! I will soon have my hands on a cute little Mac Mini! I can't wait... (:
marcwakefield

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Fri May 14, 2010 2:52 pm

grimlog wrote:i take it that the iphone option comes up in the windows paid version? i have only the free version. or will it be added to the menu when the mac version is released?

The current Beta for Windows supports iPhone screen settings and accelerometer support. You could use that develop. Deployment would be done with a Mac.

Andreas

akr

Postby grimlog » Fri May 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Where can I get the beta version for windows?
grimlog

Postby akr » Fri May 14, 2010 6:18 pm

On the beta ftp server.

akr

Postby akr » Fri May 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Todays Mac Game-Editor on the FTP server does support PPC also. Pls try out at your own risk. We cant test this in deep.

Andreas

akr

Postby uan » Fri May 14, 2010 6:52 pm

just wanted to chime in again. I'm getting pretty good speed still in my iPhone GE tests, some of what looks like a slight slowdown when running "incursion", but I'm trying to debug it a bit to see what may be causing it. I hope a game as light as incursion isnt causing slowdown on a 3GS, the latest project I'm working on(and considering to port to GE) has about 2x as many sprites on screen as incursion does at any given time. Time for more testing.... Thanks Maks & Andreas

Is the GE using OpenGL ES? If so, to what extent?

(hopefully one day GE will do native scaling(and even rotating) of sprites).
uan

Postby alexandrefredenucci » Tue May 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi !
Please help i dont found how test the beta ( with iPhone 3G)
I have build a geplayer.app with xcode, i launch the geplayer on my iphone the pop up appear with the local adress, i log filezilla, then i open "accelerometer.ged" with game editor and i export a .dat(Game Data Only), i put the .dat in bin folder (the root one) and click "Stop FTP Server" after the tranfer of the file, but nothing happened :/
alexandrefredenucci

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby uan » Tue May 18, 2010 12:39 pm

your DAT file must be named "gameEditor.dat" for the iPhone GE to reference it(after the FTP upload)
uan

Postby akr » Tue May 18, 2010 12:42 pm

uan wrote:your DAT file must be named "gameEditor.dat" for the iPhone GE to reference it(after the FTP upload)

Normally it must be named "geplayer.dat". I didnt know that "gameEditor.dat" also works.

akr

Postby akr » Tue May 18, 2010 12:43 pm

uan wrote:just wanted to chime in again. I'm getting pretty good speed still in my iPhone GE tests, some of what looks like a slight slowdown when running "incursion", but I'm trying to debug it a bit to see what may be causing it. I hope a game as light as incursion isnt causing slowdown on a 3GS, the latest project I'm working on(and considering to port to GE) has about 2x as many sprites on screen as incursion does at any given time. Time for more testing.... Thanks Maks & Andreas

Is the GE using OpenGL ES? If so, to what extent?

(hopefully one day GE will do native scaling(and even rotating) of sprites).

Uan, I am very interested in your current project with the many sprites. Whats about? Whats the current plattform it comes from?
I am happy to tell u a bit more about opengl and rotating sprites/box2d.

akr

Postby alexandrefredenucci » Tue May 18, 2010 3:16 pm

uan wrote:your DAT file must be named "gameEditor.dat" for the iPhone GE to reference it(after the FTP upload)

I have tested "gameEditor.dat" and "geplayer.dat" but it didn't worked, it's weird when i put the file in the bin folder filezilla write tranfert successfully, but the file dont appear in the bin folder .. i think it right problem ?
alexandrefredenucci

Score: 15 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to iOS