Access Violation????

Non-platform specific questions.

Access Violation????

Postby Steveman321 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:21 pm

So after taking a long break from designing a level editor for a simple game I made, I figured out my stupid mistake, and got it working. When I test the game player it works fine, but when I try to export to any format, it sits there for like 10 seconds then it says an error message along the lines of:
"Error: Access violation at *******(tried to write to ********), program terminated"

So I tried to save to different places, and I even renamed the data folder, and remade a new one to make sure there wasn't sharing issues. The only thing that I can think of, is that I restored my C: drive from an image, but the .ged was in my second drive. Could this have caused a problem? Or maybe the fact that I made the .ged in version 1.3.1?
Steveman321

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:31 am

I think is a bug.
Can you send me this game?
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby duracel92 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:11 am

same problem here... Its annyoing, i'm making the game again... it will save time i'm guessing...
duracel92

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:41 am

May be a problem with some wav files.
If you have wav files and Game Editor crash when exports, try change the wav files. If the crash wav file is used for music, try convert to ogg format.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby Troodon » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:47 pm

Yesterday I had the problem of acces violation. I coudn't open GE. Then I went to C:\Program files and opened the GE from there and it worked.
I can't die, I already tried
~on the forums since GE 1.3.3~
Troodon

Score: 56 Give a positive score

Return to General