Game Editor license change

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Re: Game Editor license change

Postby skydereign » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 pm

MrJolteon wrote:SWF export - That has been planned for so long, yet it has never happened...

The reason there hasn't been much talk about this is that we were waiting for this. http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/alchemy/
I'll see if that is still going anywhere.
MrJolteon wrote:Windows 8 Phone - I got nothing to say about this one.

Windows phones are no longer supported, though I haven't looked at the specs of the new phones, they might be more gE friendly.
MrJolteon wrote:Simpler iOS export - Impossible.

The reason it is so complex is that we have to use xcode, and go through apple's developer process to get the game signed. That's just the way it is.
MrJolteon wrote:Simpler Android export - Impossible.

The android port is actually really simple. You just need to download the things required to make android. The gE part is very simple.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby MrJolteon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:55 pm

skydereign wrote:
MrJolteon wrote:SWF export - That has been planned for so long, yet it has never happened...

The reason there hasn't been much talk about this is that we were waiting for this. http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/alchemy/
I'll see if that is still going anywhere.
MrJolteon wrote:Windows 8 Phone - I got nothing to say about this one.

Windows phones are no longer supported, though I haven't looked at the specs of the new phones, they might be more gE friendly.
MrJolteon wrote:Simpler iOS export - Impossible.

The reason it is so complex is that we have to use xcode, and go through apple's developer process to get the game signed. That's just the way it is.
MrJolteon wrote:Simpler Android export - Impossible.

The android port is actually really simple. You just need to download the things required to make android. The gE part is very simple.

They've renamed it.
http://gaming.adobe.com/technologies/flascc/
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:59 pm

MrJolteon wrote:They've renamed it.
http://gaming.adobe.com/technologies/flascc/

Yeah, the link I posted mentioned it, and had that link. I thought I posted the flascc one, but I guess I didn't.
skydereign

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 pm

MrJolteon wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:windows 8 can only run exe on the desktop

And your point is...?
I still find the Windows 8 export useless.

and
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby sonicforvergame » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:09 am

AND you are tring to make a point
wich is not a right thing to do because it look like you don't know what you are talking about yourself

I don't think we need and i am pretty sure that we don't need that windows 8 export because you can make game for windows 8 because we have
EXE.file export wich can be used on windows 8 (i think so, if i am wrong tell me )

And one last thing Game Editor is not a piece of cake
making games can be extremely complicated, if you don't have someone ho can solve your problems when you don't know how to script or something, you can't advance and make better game

AND i would like to know how many advance and 3d and complicated and C based script games you made
but that doesn't mean i did such games i just want to tell you how many other GE users put hard work on their games before posting them on the forum
I have only posted one game demo up till know on GE because i want to make something big and original i am working on
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby MrJolteon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 am

sonicforvergame wrote:I don't think we need and i am pretty sure that we don't need that windows 8 export because you can make game for windows 8 because we have EXE.file export wich can be used on windows 8 (i think so, if i am wrong tell me )

Exactly the point I was making.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby sonicforvergame » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:58 pm

HIGH FIVE :D
At least i said something right i thought that this was wrong
Because windows 8 have his touch style PC so you would need a touch PC exe file wich is verry complicated to say first(lame joke of the day :? Smosh lovers will know) and that kind of file is probably not going to happen because it's lame :|
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 pm

sonicforvergame wrote:HIGH FIVE :D
At least i said something right i thought that this was wrong
Because windows 8 have his touch style PC so you would need a touch PC exe file wich is verry complicated to say first(lame joke of the day :? Smosh lovers will know) and that kind of file is probably not going to happen because it's lame :|

wrong. I'm talking about windows 8 export so you can sell it in their app store.
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby sonicforvergame » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:50 am

You can just put games on any game downloading sites
But if you want to put game on windows app store i can't say i'ts a bad idea because all people that have windows 8 and go to the app store will probably see our game
You might have a point right there
Kaizoku ni ore wa naru
sonicforvergame

Postby moebius » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 am

skydereign wrote:
master0500 wrote:does this mean we don't need a license to sell?

Right. You no longer need to buy commercial licenses to sell your games. This doesn't apply to tools outside of gE (geapp/geplayer/gemac). So, currently if you want to release your game for iphone, you'll still need to pay to use those tools (provided by akr).

Hi,

Just arrived to game-editor. Congratulations, nice framework. I'm c++ programmer and app developer for iphone and android, and I want to try your tool.
About your post, do you mean that geapp/geplayer/gemac need a pay-per-use license ?. I can not find any information about that in the forum or website.

Thank you
moebius

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am

moebius wrote:Hi,

Just arrived to game-editor. Congratulations, nice framework. I'm c++ programmer and app developer for iphone and android, and I want to try your tool.
About your post, do you mean that geapp/geplayer/gemac need a pay-per-use license ?. I can not find any information about that in the forum or website.

No, I don't mean they are pay-per-use. All I meant by that was that akr is able to charge for use (but he doesn't). So if there was to be any money made through developing for gE, that is how it would be done. geapp and geplayer are free to use. gemac on the other hand you need to donate $20 as noted here. http://game-editor.net/index.php/products/gemac
skydereign

Postby moebius » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Thank you for your answer, Skydereign. Fully understood.
I will be delighted to donate at any "donate" button that I found in the website.
What about a "donate" button at www.game-editor.com itself ?.
moebius

Postby moebius » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 pm

skydereign wrote:
RippeR7420 wrote:I'm guessing the pro license is still in effect though, yeah? (1499/yr to remove the GE logo)

Nope, the splash screen has been removed. There are no licenses for the selling of your games in gE.

I successfully built the engine for 1.4.0 release from svn "previous/tags/Game Editor 1.4.0" using vs2k8.
Where in the source can I disable the splash screen?.
Thanks in advance.
moebius

Postby skydereign » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 pm

moebius wrote:Where in the source can I disable the splash screen?.

The change should be in the 1.5 source, but building and setting up 1.5 can be a giant pain depending on which os you are working from. You could however commit the change back to the 1.4 version I believe. For now though makslane recommends just sending the files you want the splash removed from to him, and he'll remove it for you.

moebius wrote:I will be delighted to donate at any "donate" button that I found in the website.
What about a "donate" button at www.game-editor.com itself ?.

There used to be one a long time ago, but it seems makslane removed it.
skydereign

Postby moebius » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Found the "donate" button at game-editor.net
moebius

PreviousNext

Return to GE - General