The Adventure of ECOCO

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

The Adventure of ECOCO

Postby kengin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Hello guys i have finally finished our game for our thesis, its called The Adventure of ECOCO
The main objective of ECOCO (main character) is to back all the animal in the cages without hurting them.
Just run and run as fastest as you can to make the animals not catch you or bite you, but there's some obstacles like snakes, spikes, etc. that you need to avoid by jumping over them.
Ecoco has 3 lives but if the animals catch you or you bite by snake or whatever obstacles that, your hp will loose 1 and if your hp get into 0 then you will restart to your last save point.
You can buy Super Boots and Flying Sumbrero in the Shop but you need to pay your current score to buy that. The shop will pop up on the Score Ladder window.

Here are the controls keys in our game:
a = left direction
d = right direction
space = jump
j = for flying sumbrero
k = super boots

If the bugs are occurred just restart the Adventure of Ecoco.

The images are created by my member, they drew it and painted it in photoshop... but some of the images(big gray stone, snake) are not own by us especially the music backgrounds and it is belong to the true owner or company. We didn't make any profit in this game we just make this for our thesis.
If you want to use some of our images please let me know because its my member hard work.
Guys if there's any question or suggestion or comments i really glad to hear them. :)

Thanks guys for helping me in this forums and the guides here, it really help me alot.

Here's the download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?wu8zknf3pvi2cow
kengin

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: The Adventure of ECOCO

Postby lcl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 am

Hello kengin!

This game has pretty nice idea and graphics are nice too.
You have done good work. =)

Here is some things I think you should try to fix:
- The main actors running animation, it doesn't seem like running, but his legs are just waggling, and it seems quite weird.
- In some levels it is impossible to jump over the animal in the beginning of the level without getting hurt, and I thinkthat's something that should be fixed because it's quite disgusting.
- And it would be nicer to play if it was possible to see the obstacles before when they are at impact distance, so that there would be a little more time to react.

This game has potential, you just need to work on it a little more.
Remember to test your games gameplay often enough to see how comfortable it is to play.
I suggest you to give the game to few persons to test so that they can then tell you what they liked and what needs to be worked on. =)

Keep up the good work, kengin! :)

- lcl -
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Re: The Adventure of ECOCO

Postby kengin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:24 am

hello sir, thank you for testing the game and for your suggestion i will try to fix them as soon as possible. The animation and graphics are made by my member in thesis i dont think that they will create a new animation of the main character because we will graduate this coming day.
sir i really appreciate your comment in our game and i will remember your advise ^_^, sir thanks again :)
kengin

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Return to Game Demos