Collision Question

Non-platform specific questions.

Collision Question

Postby fauldran » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:08 pm

Are collision checks performed between all actors with collisions enabled? What I mean is are collision checks performed between two actors (with collision state enabled) even if neither actor has a collision event setup with the other?

I need to perform a collision test between 1 actor and about 27 other actors. I don't want all 27 other actors checking collision between each other.
Fauldran
fauldran

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Collision Question

Postby makslane » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:24 pm

If you use the option 'Any Actor' in the collision event, all actors with collision enable will be tested.
But if you will test with a specifically actor only (by using the clone name) this actor will be tested.
If you put the name of an actor, only the clones will be tested, excluding all other actors.

fauldran wrote:Are collision checks performed between all actors with collisions enabled? What I mean is are collision checks performed between two actors (with collision state enabled) even if neither actor has a collision event setup with the other?

I need to perform a collision test between 1 actor and about 27 other actors. I don't want all 27 other actors checking collision between each other.
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby fauldran » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:41 pm

ok thanks. That makes sense. Collision tests are just a fairly intensive operation I guess. 25+ tests per frame bring my PPC to a crawl and it has around a 600MHz processor. That's ok, I can deal with this. Thanks.
Fauldran
fauldran

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Return to General