php url encryption-ish

You must understand the Game Editor concepts, before post here.

php url encryption-ish

Postby Fojam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 am

so a bunch of people from my school have been testing out my game, and each time they play, it opens a url to submit their score to an online scoretable.
the only problem is, someone has already found out how to manipulate the url to add fake scores.
my question is: how can i get the url to look like something crazy and uninterpretable, but will still be interpreted by the php for what it is?

there are 2 feilds. there is the nn feild which is for name, and there is the ns feild which is for score. i want the name and score to still submit, but look like something crazy and weird in the url so nobody can add their own fake scores.

can anyone help me here?
CLICK TO GIVE ME POINTS

My Latest Projects:
Super Smash Bros: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12307 PLEASE help by making sprites!
Fojam

Score: 69 Give a positive score

Re: php url encryption-ish

Postby savvy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:05 pm

use a basic encryption algorithm, for example change letters to numbers then do some obscure sum to it for the url, then on the other side use the same sum in reverse to get the names/scores back! the only way they could make an exact score is by knowing the sum you used.

savvy
--> For my help, i ask for a simple +1 if it helps! ^-^
--> I dont code, I type art which you dont understand.
--> I keep winning the 3D model challenge at college, teacher says: "you keep winning im not giving you prizes".
savvy

Score: 44 Give a positive score

Re: php url encryption-ish

Postby jimmynewguy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:17 pm

google php encryption and read :) that'd be the best way over us telling you how. Then we might be able to decrypt your encryption and ruin your game! Just kidding, but that is what I would recommend doing, I don't think many people here know php.
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Return to Advanced Topics