STORY-BOOK ENDING TOURNAMENT!!! FIRST 2 MONTH LONG TOURNEY!

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Re: STORY-BOOK ENDING TOURNAMENT!!! FIRST 2 MONTH LONG TOUR

Postby DeltaLeeds » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:29 pm

lcl wrote:So, is there anyone working on a game for this tournament currently?

I am. (But the progress is so slow, I ̶h̶̶a̶̶r̶̶d̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶y didn't have any progress this week because school.) Hopefully the others are still working on their game.

Turon wrote:Hey what is this tournament about? Are you making a game together? And why's everybody sic? I'm not sic? Is it a game?

I'm not Sic, I'm Jonathan, and I don't think Sic is a game. xD
EDIT: I was in a hurry when I made that post so it sounds kinda rude, so I wanted to point out that the previous sentence was just a joke by putting a smiley. xP
Last edited by DeltaLeeds on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Sorry I just misspelled "sick" as "sic".
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:24 am

Both of my tournaments seem to be a bit dead right now, which isn't what I wanted, but I don't know. It is mainly due to the deadness of this forum and the ones on are always busy. I still suggest my idea with the video to hopefully have the same success the last did with over 200k views, and with links in the video to tutorials, geds of games that are great examples, downloads of games featured in the video, etc. It may boost this up again. Also we need to hit on the upcoming features, maybe hit on the fact that this is open source and anyone can work on it, the fact that it is free, and the fact games on here can be made for apple for free now. I was thinking, games like Dimension, Silver, WBR, Enblast, FreeCity (assuming it is GE, I forgot as I don't know if Jolt uses GE for these projects of this scale, so correct me if I am wrong), Axria Retro World, some games on apple market such as Chai's games, some tournament games, such as, Mine-Bot, EscapeToDeath, Revolt, and Dark and Dead, and others if you have a good game on mind that we can feature in the video. These games showcase what has been done since the last video was made which I feel is important to show what the community has done in the past 4 years, as we need to show that we still make great games, and we do. Oops, I just made this another post of the video as if this was that thread. I would record, but I don't have good recording technology, so that is why I was hoping someone would catch on with this idea. Of course the one who actually puts it up would need to be someone who has views on YouTube, or it will all be useless.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:59 am

NightOfHorror wrote:Both of my tournaments seem to be a bit dead right now, which isn't what I wanted, but I don't know. It is mainly due to the deadness of this forum and the ones on are always busy. I still suggest my idea with the video to hopefully have the same success the last did with over 200k views, and with links in the video to tutorials, geds of games that are great examples, downloads of games featured in the video, etc. It may boost this up again. Also we need to hit on the upcoming features, maybe hit on the fact that this is open source and anyone can work on it, the fact that it is free, and the fact games on here can be made for apple for free now. I was thinking, games like Dimension, Silver, WBR, Enblast, FreeCity (assuming it is GE, I forgot as I don't know if Jolt uses GE for these projects of this scale, so correct me if I am wrong), Axria Retro World, some games on apple market such as Chai's games, some tournament games, such as, Mine-Bot, EscapeToDeath, Revolt, and Dark and Dead, and others if you have a good game on mind that we can feature in the video. These games showcase what has been done since the last video was made which I feel is important to show what the community has done in the past 4 years, as we need to show that we still make great games, and we do. Oops, I just made this another post of the video as if this was that thread. I would record, but I don't have good recording technology, so that is why I was hoping someone would catch on with this idea. Of course the one who actually puts it up would need to be someone who has views on YouTube, or it will all be useless.

I'm still working on it, but nobody is helping in my game, so the progress is really slow, moreover, my grades are in an all-time low! (Even the teachers noticed and told me privately.) From today until next Wednesday, I'll surely finish my game or at least have progress because it's a holiday. I bet there will be more showcases soon at the end of the tournament (Most likely not my game, because it's not that good. xD)
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Postby DeltaLeeds » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:15 am

Almost done~ I'll submit the game in the deadline. :P
How are the other contestants doing?
DeltaLeeds

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:42 am

Well, 3 days guys.
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby DeltaLeeds » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:31 am

Ok, as I will surely not submit the game tomorrow, I submitted it today. Due to this, sorry for not meeting expectations and sorry for a quite rushed storyline...
Here is the topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13300
DeltaLeeds

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:23 pm

I am having some problems with this, it says the file is invalid and I can't extract files either.
NightOfHorror

Postby DeltaLeeds » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:53 am

NightOfHorror wrote:I am having some problems with this, it says the file is invalid and I can't extract files either.

That's weird! Let me reupload it... (Might take 30 mins to an hour from that post, since uploading can be really long...)
Sorry for wasting your time and memory. T_T
DeltaLeeds

Postby DeltaLeeds » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Man, this tournament turned out pretty disappointing. It started out great with 6 contestants... Down to 3.. And now down to me... Apparently only a 1 month expansion isn't always better...

Suggestion: NoH, from what I can conclude here, I'd suggest an unlimited (No time limit), no theme tournament. Maybe we can call it a Free Tournament. :lol:

So, Judges wait until there are at least 3 contestants. If there is more than 3, awesome! So if one left the tourney, and there is 2 contestants left, we wait for one more to come. Meanwhile, the others could make their games better. If all three are done, judge's turn to shine! Maybe lcl can submit his game that looks like a masterpiece, and others can submit their games too. Just a suggestion.

Oh add a rule to prevent the tourney from being too long, submitted games can NOT be edited anymore, and whoever submits first, gets a +10% increase in score, 2nd gets 5%, and so on... <- Not really a good rule, but...
DeltaLeeds

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 pm

trust me, a free tournament wouldn't work, and the whole no editing thing is bad too. If someone finishes early, then it is my duty to critique it, and because they finished early, they have the chance to resubmit it, the goal is for people to make good, quality games, not force them to have bad ones.
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Pushing my sadness of this tournament aside for a moment, I will announce that jonathang has won the first and possibly last 2 month long tourney, for that, he gets a 2014 championship pass and a 2014 advantage pass, plus one point. :)
NightOfHorror

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:07 pm

All prizes have been handed out, this tournament is officially over.
NightOfHorror

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:48 am

NightOfHorror wrote:Pushing my sadness of this tournament aside for a moment, I will announce that jonathang has won the first and possibly last 2 month long tourney, for that, he gets a 2014 championship pass and a 2014 advantage pass, plus one point. :)

Thanks NoH! :D
I wish there was more competition though... Hopefully, there will be more competition next tournament! I really hope to see that. :D
DeltaLeeds

Previous

Return to GE - General