Its Time for a new section to be added to this GEforum

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

Its Time for a new section to be added to this GEforum

Postby again » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:35 am

I know Makslane is very bent on keeping the structure of this website the same without adding any new sections. I understand unless there is a major need , we have suffient enough catagories. Now they is a need for a new section !!!

Full Games Section

This section will be for full games only. The Admin. or Moderators can decide what games qualify. Basically I say any game that has 5 full levels or more or any game that last at least 10 minutes to play through.

Why do I feel the need for this section. We have members like Bee-ant ,DST ,Camper , Hblade,and more that have full length games that are of quality. Thier games are being lost in the crowd of demos that some dont even have enemies. To add to that lately we have had many new people come here. We have to show people the full power of Game Editor. The little demos are fine , but we have to show that game editor is fully capable of making solid full games. Now that we have enough full games , I feel that warrants a section addition. If there is no Full Game Section , then Game Editor will never become popular.
Free windows mobile games like doodle jump and super mario bros
http://krenisis.freeforums.org/
again

Score: 33 Give a positive score

Re: Its Time for a new section to be added to this GEforum

Postby schnellboot » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 am

We could change Game Development for that.
And everything we write in Development could be in General and Support then..
schnellboot

Score: 102 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:36 pm

schnellboot wrote:We could change Game Development for that.
And everything we write in Development could be in General and Support then..

well development means in process of getting made so that wouldnt be good idea.
kren: that might put too much work on Mak because he already is having to do a lot of work and it might put stress on him
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby schnellboot » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:40 pm

ahh right xD
but why are there requests or questions in General forum (I know this is off topic but I'm just wondering..)
schnellboot

Score: 102 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:41 pm

because people think that General can be used for that, also this is a very unpopular section while the top general is most active so more likely a response quicker
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby again » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Yes I feel its very nessesary to add the new forum. How are we supposed to progress staying the same. Thats like not learning any new code but wanting to make a better game. You have to learn new code in order to learn new methods of making a game. If Game Editor is to grow, steps have to be taken for it to grow. Its called evolution , no matter if we like change or not change is nessesary. We have some solid games on iphone out now , that have been on new and note worthy by us. Now its time to grow once more.
Free windows mobile games like doodle jump and super mario bros
http://krenisis.freeforums.org/
again

Score: 33 Give a positive score

Return to Feature Requests