☼ BitFox v1.0 BETA - 2015

Talk about making games.

Re: [!][Video]Development Alert 17.2.2015

Postby bat78 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:43 am

Skydereign hasn't log in since long ago already.
gE source code is very Visual Studio-specific.
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby koala » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Really complex project. And very useful. Can't wait to use it. :D
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
koala

Score: 30 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Looks like a useful program. 8)
How long did it take to program I wonder?
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:24 am

Most of the time I dedicated in inventions.
You'll see what I mean, VERY soon :) But today is the day I submit the next newspaper.
bat78

Postby Turon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:50 pm

It seems as though Skydereign may be "dead" but he could have a valid excuse for his absence, for example he may have been in a car crash and now has a coma... though I think for now you Bat78 are our most certain, hope you appear to have what it takes for rebuilding GE to shine again, I am still getting used to the Idea that you and not sky is the head of the project... have you tried contacting sky by other means? does he have email? or contact Makslane have you tried that?
I believe although you may be the best man for the job (present tense) I think you may wan't to attempt to contact the past developers asking what they have to say...

As for the video I have watched it and a I'm not sure what your trying to point out, I'm sorry if I missed something...
I think so far it appears you have the Most determination out of all of us... Sky I was only just getting used to the Idea of Sky leading the project instead of Mak...
I think you are making a contribution that will benefit all of us.

Keep up the good work :)
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:08 am

I'm pretty confident sky is okay: https://github.com/skydereign (last contributed 4 days ago) He's probably just very busy.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:36 am

I also think skydereign isn't dead because..
Programmers usually have a good faith. Did you know that most (if not all) the real programmers are dying really old.
Even if skydereign got through a car crash.. which I think is unlikely.. he'd be okay and as LcL said, probably very busy.
However, all I ever said is what is getting obvious. Skydereign doesn't care of gE. I am saying this, because I wan't to be into the reality, not to make people sad or something.. Lots of people here are exclusively good hearted and nobel. We are small and cohesive enough to be a family. Skydereign isn't dead, don't worry, but his absence is completely unexplained, suddenly and long. Could hide an excuse.. but some people don't need an excuse at all.

This project is COMPLETED. Sorry for not updating this main thread.. I just don't want to waste time.
What's next is me to spend some minutes on debugging one of the modules of bitfox (its header files), to encounter what is causing gE to crash.
Bitfox is a real LIBRARY, which means a chain of header files. From the experience I have, gE doesn't like to include header files with list declarations.
Also the linkage is indirect so it needs resources before listening to the #include directive. (which makes it not a real directive).
Now that we know, gE uses: C89 emulated coding and a real Clang IDE semantics.
bat78

Postby skydereign » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 am

I'm not dead.
bat78 wrote:However, all I ever said is what is getting obvious. Skydereign doesn't care of gE. I am saying this, because I wan't to be into the reality, not to make people sad or something.. Lots of people here are exclusively good hearted and nobel. We are small and cohesive enough to be a family. Skydereign isn't dead, don't worry, but his absence is completely unexplained, suddenly and long. Could hide an excuse.. but some people don't need an excuse at all.

I haven't been deliberately not posting. I have been very busy and simply didn't have a reason for me to post (I've still been logging in every other day or so). I didn't want to post anything about 1.4.1 until I was going to release it, but with people assuming I'm dead or don't care about gameEditor here I am. 1.4.1 will be released May 1st.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:32 am

I knew you weren't dead it was in my bones... Well it's good to know for sure. Bat78 I'm not sure what he's on about...
Everyone had assumed you to be "dead" and I have to admit I was one of those foolish enough to superficially believe you were gone, I'm sorry for believing in a lie... I kind of felt it was too early to jump to conclusions, I'm sorry Skydereign.
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby koala » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:01 am

Dead? :lol: Why? Just because he didn't post? C'mon. :D
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
koala

Score: 30 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:11 am

koala wrote:Dead? :lol: Why? Just because he didn't post? C'mon. :D

Yes, it is kinda silly, but you're new here, and don't know that this was like first time in many _years_ skydereign was silent for so long. People have gotten used to him being always around and such a sudden "disappearance" makes people think silly things. :D
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:35 am

lcl wrote:
koala wrote:Dead? :lol: Why? Just because he didn't post? C'mon. :D

Yes, it is kinda silly, but you're new here, and don't know that this was like first time in many _years_ skydereign was silent for so long. People have gotten used to him being always around and such a sudden "disappearance" makes people think silly things. :D

I never said he is dead. This is silly indeed.
Judging by one of his recent posts, and his unusual absence.. I was preparing for "the worst". Which is he coding his own engine instead of messing with gE.
How isn't that founded..
bat78

Postby skydereign » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:43 am

Turon wrote:Everyone had assumed you to be "dead" and I have to admit I was one of those foolish enough to superficially believe you were gone, I'm sorry for believing in a lie... I kind of felt it was too early to jump to conclusions, I'm sorry Skydereign.

No worries. I assumed the dead thing was mostly a joke anyway. A lot of people I know joke like that when they haven't seen someone in a while.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:32 pm

May 1st, sounds hopeful for the updated GE.

On topic, Bat78, what is your favorite feature/option of your new program created using GE?
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Zivouhr wrote:May 1st, sounds hopeful for the updated GE.

On topic, Bat78, what is your favorite feature/option of your new program created using GE?

What program? The testing manager? I wouldn't even call that program.
The video demo just shows some rendering and filters of it.
Now it has scaling, rotation, drawing functions etc.. I like them all. :D
bat78

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development