☼ BitFox v1.0 BETA - 2015

Talk about making games.

Re: [!][Video]Development Alert 17.2.2015

Postby Turon » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:59 pm

So you weren't rewriting GE you were just making a Patch for it? I am really confused now...
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:59 pm

I never said I am rewriting gE now.
I've explained my plans here.
Yes you are confused. This is the topic about my project "bitfox". Which is a powerful graphic and gui library for gE not gE.
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Okay bitfox is a patch to the exiting GE I take it?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Turon wrote:Okay bitfox is a patch to the exiting GE I take it?

No, bitfox is not an addition to game editor. It is a project built in game editor just like the games you make in it. It's just far more complex and for different purposes.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Re: ☼ BitFox v1.0 BETA - 2015

Postby bat78 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:05 am

Content entirelly upgrated. Took me 3 days to complete it.
Hope someone appriciate it :cry:
:lol: Tomorrow I will do some revision and improve it, thanks. Have fun ;)
bat78

Postby koala » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:00 am

GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! :mrgreen: That's all I'll say for now. First I want to see what you have uploaded, wrote, etc. And I want to try Bitfox. Can't wait! :D But I just want to inform you that I am glad you've finally completed it. :D

Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
koala

Score: 30 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:22 am

Congratulations on the release of 1.0 BitFox. 3 years is a lot of dedication to complete it. 8)
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Zivouhr wrote:Congratulations on the release of 1.0 BitFox. 3 years is a lot of dedication to complete it. 8)

Could be a bit less than that xP

Хвала за поздравите, Коала =D
bat78

Postby koala » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Oh my. :shock: This is not huge, it is gigantic. :shock:
I've downloaded files at the end of first post and read the code, no wonder it took you so much time. I want to congratulate you because you've been so patient and persistent. :D
Most of all I like there are functions to manipulate with pictures. Finally, rotation is possible! :D
I also like that now you can draw shapes, great! :D
I'll slowly study Bitfox.
Phascolarctos cinereus
koala

Postby bat78 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:53 pm

koala wrote:Oh my. :shock: This is not huge, it is gigantic. :shock:
I've downloaded files at the end of first post and read the code, no wonder it took you so much time. I want to congratulate you because you've been so patient and persistent. :D
Most of all I like there are functions to manipulate with pictures. Finally, rotation is possible! :D
I also like that now you can draw shapes, great! :D
I'll slowly study Bitfox.

I knew it will be interesting to hear about people's "the thing they like the most".. because I knew it will differ assuming that everyone have their preferences and needs.
My preferences and needs are a lot more than just "rotation" and "shapes", when it comes to the thing I like the most.
Because there is a number of benefits (things previously /impossible/ to be made in Game-Editor).. which is what I was aiming all the time.
You have knowledge and even practice in C indeed.. but you are quite new to Game-Editor. Which means you may not notice how needed these things were by the time of evolution in the circumstances.
For instance
  • Scale now is easier as it doesn't require position. Scale now is specified by width/height instead of overall %s (which means you can not only scale but stretch, shrink etc) and more importantly.. scale now is applicable to your image data. You can save the scaled result.
  • Rotation. I've encountered a wide selection of people who spent a lot of time to animate their actor to spin. Now, this requires one function call. And is editable for that matter.
  • The possibility for you to not only create dataless games.. but also completely dataless (without pictures in the local directory, but stored statically into the .ged).
    Now people can only upload .ged containing "scriptized" version of their graphical games and programs. Do you know what hidden benefit hides that too? That kind of games can contain a real time "screenshot" possibility. For example the user presses space bar and a bitmap is created with the stage and case he is currently at.
    This will be especially easy to implement in the next version of BitFox, where foxyGI will have segment i/o. (copy part of a bitmap to another / render part of a bitmap).
  • Image Color Manipulation (ICP) could also benefit games in several occasions. Like in the dressUp example or just to edit your pictures a bit.
  • Collision with colors is also possible as you saw in the Collision demo/tutorial. And as you can see.. it is very easy to use. One can create a collision system for gE
    people to simplify it even more. Things can get really advanced.
  • Color chooser. An exotic way to choose a color isn't it? :p. Check the DressUP example for it too. Right-click on a dress to change its color.
  • Completely dataless games - I meant it. Now you can render any text font and have a color for each character. I was thinking to make an ID in game-editor, because this seem to be a good opportunity for syntax highlighting.
  • Drawing functions are a treasure. Now people can draw everything they have drawn in canvas before to an image they can render.
    Now it is only a matter of creativity and Noah once said.. even Mona Lisa is possible to be drawn with putpixel XDD So you can use this to draw all your data.
    With bitfox v2.. there will be a horrifically powerful image manipulation program that you can use to draw your data.
  • Drawing shapes belongs to drawing functions. This is certainly the easiest function of all, because I just converted a small source file of drawing functions
    for canvas to bitfox's drawing functions for image output. But you can use them to draw vector graphics, which is nice.
bat78

Postby koala » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 pm

I really like the fact you can make dataless games. That way it is "protected".
Phascolarctos cinereus
koala

Postby bat78 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 pm

koala wrote:I really like the fact you can make dataless games. That way it is "protected".

I don't really know what do you mean by ""protected"" but yes.. these who like codes will always like that fact but others - not really.
bat78

Postby koala » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:39 pm

bat78 wrote:
koala wrote:I really like the fact you can make dataless games. That way it is "protected".

I don't really know what do you mean by ""protected"" but yes.. these who like codes will always like that fact but others - not really.
I meant you can't delete files contained in data folder, nor change them.
Phascolarctos cinereus
koala

Postby bat78 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:42 pm

koala wrote:
bat78 wrote:

I think it is "safe" if that's what you mean, because the loose of a single file of the data ruins your entire game.
If my previous games were made that way.. I would have released them by now. I was forced to re-install OS long ago.. and all my work faded away. Sad isn't it.
I could recover the .ged though.. but not the data, which makes it.. practically unusable.
bat78

Postby koala » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 pm

bat78 wrote:
koala wrote:
bat78 wrote:

I think it is "safe" if that's what you mean, because the loose of a single file of the data ruins your entire game.
If my previous games were made that way.. I would have released them by now. I was forced to re-install OS long ago.. and all my work faded away. Sad isn't it.
I could recover the .ged though.. but not the data, which makes it.. practically unusable.
Well, there's a way to recover your game and that is making all images again, with the same name, but why doing that? Dataless is better because it decreases the risk of loosing your project.
Phascolarctos cinereus
koala

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development