iPhone - iPad and Mac OS X Beta announcement

iPhone/iPod/iPad specific questions and discussion

Re: iPhone - iPad and Mac OS X Beta announcement

Postby akr » Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 pm

alexandrefredenucci wrote:
uan wrote:your DAT file must be named "gameEditor.dat" for the iPhone GE to reference it(after the FTP upload)

I have tested "gameEditor.dat" and "geplayer.dat" but it didn't worked, it's weird when i put the file in the bin folder filezilla write tranfert successfully, but the file dont appear in the bin folder .. i think it right problem ?

This is apple real live! Everything except the Document directory is read only. Pls transfer to the directory where you are on right after connect. Should be the Documents directory. Dont do any chdir. Just to the current directory.

Andreas
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby alexandrefredenucci » Tue May 18, 2010 3:38 pm

It work, Thank :)
alexandrefredenucci

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby uan » Tue May 18, 2010 8:39 pm

I may have tweaked a few things to get "geplayer.dat" to work ;-), sorry if it didnt for you.

Are you sure that you've properly exported your .dat as an iPhone executable.

@Akr: We're attempting to do test ports of 2 games to GE from 2 different iPhone based engines, one from Cocos2D, and one from a certain 3D development environment ;-). One game is an RPG, one is a sort of strategy game. As I'm familiarizing myself with GE in my spare time, from your words it sounds like it might be possible to use raw OGL calls for sprite rotation, is that correct? Having to pack 2X or more sprites(in an atlas map) just to have a character facing one direction rather than another and doing the same action will be very inefficient for a final build size, so we've got to explore ways around this if its possible in GE. Thus far I've seen the draw to canvas method, but that doesn't seem like it would work well for a large(10+) number of sprites(at least as far as I've seen). is using the canvas just for keeping draw call counts to a minimum for a large number of moving sprites?

Re OGL, are you talking about calling raw glTexCoord or glTranslate style functions from within GE?
uan

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 pm

You cant access external API from the Game Editor script, sorry.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby harrio » Wed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm

please correct me if i am wrong,

will i have to wait for the mac version to come out of beta before i can buy the commercial version of ge? so i can sell my games if desired.

also, and i don't mean to ruffle any feathers, but has it become 'undesired' to inquire about the 'new' version of ge? i was curious if it was a matter of manpower, of which i could not personally help, or money, of which i'd be willing to donate to the advancement of the engine.

thnx,
harrio

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 pm

hario,

Currently finalizing the 1.4 beta to be ready to be sold with maks.
Contact me if you want to have further infos how to purchase and available licenses.

andreas

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Postby harrio » Fri May 21, 2010 12:39 am

sorry to be a pest, but i'm still getting the error attached when i try to build the player to my ipod touch. i re-installed my dev cert as someone here suggested but it is still showing akr as the 'owner'. any ideas on how to fix this?
Attachments
code sign error.png
harrio

Postby uan » Fri May 21, 2010 7:45 am

go into your PROJECT/edit project settings menu command and change the "CODE SIGNING IDENTITY" to your dev id, not that of andreas
uan

Postby harrio » Fri May 21, 2010 1:35 pm

i believe i already did. this is why i am confused at the moment. i don't know why it is still referencing akr's signature.
Attachments
code sign.jpg
harrio

Postby uan » Fri May 21, 2010 2:07 pm

you ALSO have to right click the "gameEditor iPhone Player" within the TARGETS group in your xcode OVERVIEW PANEL(the main xcode ide window), the signing must be changed HERE TOO, thus in both places(project settings and target settings).

This doesn't apply to you in this particular case, but I'm pretty sure the target code signing can be left blank and then will inherit the signature setup in the project settings. I'm pretty sure that the GE has Andreas's signing identity in BOTH places(project & target), thus you must change it in both locations.
uan

Postby harrio » Fri May 21, 2010 3:09 pm

thank you uan,

i finally found the 'target' reference you were speaking of. i've never dealt with that before. forgive my ignorance.

now i have two different build errors. i regret having to be spoon fed how to deal with this, but i do not have an indepth understanding of xcode as of yet, beyond the simplest of tasks.
Attachments
build errors.jpg
harrio

Postby akr » Fri May 21, 2010 3:22 pm

This linker errormessage looks strange. What XCode version do us use? I think another version could solve this problem. Havent seen this before.

Andreas

akr

Postby harrio » Fri May 21, 2010 4:09 pm

harrio

Postby akr » Fri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm

This is a known apple bug. Its not your fault. Pls try to install a newer SDK 3.2 or 4.0. This is what I am using.

akr

Postby uan » Sat May 22, 2010 1:11 am

+1, Andreas on point as usual.

I dont think you can build the GE player with xcode earlier than 3.2, definitely update and build again.
uan

PreviousNext

Return to iOS