Random Disappearing Actor

Non-platform specific questions.

Random Disappearing Actor

Postby kickstart » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:14 pm

My Main charactter is starting to disappear and it is happening more and more as I develop my game. This is a serious bug for me though. The bees that never disappear was a problem, but I fixed that. It made it better, but it is still occuring often.
kickstart

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Re: Random Disappearing Actor

Postby skydereign » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:05 pm

That isn't really enough information for us to help you. Disappearing can mean a couple things, you are moving the actor off screen accidentally, or the actor is being destroyed. What code do you have that could possibly do something like that?
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby kickstart » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:38 pm

skydereign wrote:That isn't really enough information for us to help you. Disappearing can mean a couple things, you are moving the actor off screen accidentally, or the actor is being destroyed. What code do you have that could possibly do something like that?

Well I know you have access to the .ged. It hasnt happened to you? The actor is not movie off the screen, but gets destroyed. It seems to be destryoyed from nothing, because when the bear gets destroyed then the game will automatically end with a death timer. I feel like the lag and the frames per second has a lot to do with it, because the frames per secod lags before this happens.

By the way the only possibility it could be destroyed is if the bee collides with the bear. That be happening without it being visible from the extreme lag, but the timer is what destroys the bee, not the collision itself. Does that make sense? The .5 second timer goes off and it destroys the bear, and moves the coordinates.
kickstart

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 pm

JetpackGrizzly wrote:Well I know you have access to the .ged. It hasnt happened to you?

I have a very old version, back when the game was vertical.
JetpackGrizzly wrote: I feel like the lag and the frames per second has a lot to do with it, because the frames per secod lags before this happens.

This game by no means should have lag.
JetpackGrizzly wrote: That be happening without it being visible from the extreme lag, but the timer is what destroys the bee, not the collision itself. Does that make sense? The .5 second timer goes off and it destroys the bear, and moves the coordinates.

What fps do you get in your game? If you are getting any lag, you must be doing something very wrong.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Return to General