View Bouncing Up And Down

Game Editor comments and discussion.

View Bouncing Up And Down

Postby PerrySteven » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:32 am

Hello, recently I have been creating options in my game that move the actor "view" from one side to another. But I'm having very serious troubles as when view reaches its destination, it suddenly recedes back to its previous position. I have no idea why. I am using timers, but I have made sure to specify in the options that they do not loop forever, and only one time instead.

Edit: Also, I wonder how all my work in an entire .GED just simply disappeared? When I had my work, the .GED file was 15 KB, and when I came back to it, it still showed it was 15 KB, but when I loaded it I came to a blank.
PerrySteven

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: View Bouncing Up And Down

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:25 am

PerrySteven wrote:Hello, recently I have been creating options in my game that move the actor "view" from one side to another. But I'm having very serious troubles as when view reaches its destination, it suddenly recedes back to its previous position. I have no idea why. I am using timers, but I have made sure to specify in the options that they do not loop forever, and only one time instead.

Does view have a parent, if so make it have none. Is there a code in the view's draw actor that makes the view recede back to the previous position?

PerrySteven wrote:Edit: Also, I wonder how all my work in an entire .GED just simply disappeared? When I had my work, the .GED file was 15 KB, and when I came back to it, it still showed it was 15 KB, but when I loaded it I came to a blank.

Did it show any errors, or did it just come up blank? If it showed errors like an image file is missing, put on a placeholder image with the exact same name, if it showed nothing, post the .ged here, it's hard to figure it out if you don't show us any screenshots or the ged file.
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Re: View Bouncing Up And Down

Postby PerrySteven » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:54 am

Oh nevermind, I solved it by myself. With the view actor, I had it disable the Timer events when it got to its destination, and view didn't have a parent. With my work disappearing, it showed a blank and didn't display any error messages. I think the funky character in the folder path '~' must have screwed something up.
PerrySteven

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General