Just came to say hello :)

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Just came to say hello :)

Postby Camper1995 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:42 am

Hey guys,
it's been a very long time since I was active on these forums. Recently I came across some simple 2D game and remembered about Game Editor
and all those hours I'd spent creating stuff with it and of all the great people on these forums I'd met so
I decided to come once again and see how things are going.

I'm glad that there are still active members and new game demos. I went through most of them including my topics and games
that I had uploaded here and even tho I was a kid back then and my grammar was very broken, it's really nice to
see it all again after many years. Definitely made me happy :)

I just wanted to thank all the people, who do or do not remember me, for being a great community. I know I always
received help here when I needed it. People here are like one big family.

The reason I stopped being active was mostly caused by a thing called "real life" :|
Some problems here and there, school, then a job, and so on. The usual.
But I also ran out of ideas and creativity when it came to games, it wasn't
as enjoyable as it used to be when I was younger, so I decided to make a break
until I felt that need to create something again.

Honestly, I was thinking that I could do a game again after all these years. A proper one,
no bugs, nice and solid gameplay and story. I'm really wondering if I would be able to
achieve that now.

Long story short, nice to see you all here again, I'm glad GE is still alive. Have a wonderful day everybody!

Side note to lcl: Hey man, do you by any chance still have our "bunny" project saved? :lol: I'd love to take a look at it. You can PM me.
Say hello to my little friend.
Camper1995

Score: 44 Give a positive score

Re: Just came to say hello :)

Postby MrJolteon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 am

Welcome back!
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi Camper!

It's AWESOME to see you, it's been a looong time. :D
I hope you will make a new game, it would be great to see what you can do now. Have you been making computer graphics still?
If you have, I'm eager to see how you have developed on that, I remember you were talented with graphics already back then.

Camper1995 wrote:Side note to lcl: Hey man, do you by any chance still have our "bunny" project saved? :lol: I'd love to take a look at it. You can PM me.

Why, of course I have it saved! I rarely ever delete anything I've made. xD I have pretty much the whole history of my GE-life on my computer, including almost 100% of ged-projects I've ever made and almost all GE-made games other people have made that I've downloaded at some point :lol: I'll send you a PM.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Hey Camper1995 nice to see old members coming back now and again. :) you made some of the most high resolution games I've ever seen here, I always wanted to play The Neverhood 2 but couldn't cause the file got corrupted. :roll:
By the way I had been experimenting with plasticine graphics it was the reason why 2012 was my least active year, 2015 probably won't be much more active cause my computer broke down and it's quite a thing to replace... :?
Camper1995 wrote: Side note to lcl: Hey man, do you by any chance still have our "bunny" project saved? :lol:

We're probably not talking about the same bunny but... Remember Lcl's Bunny signature that became viral on the forum?
I seem to have been the last the get "infected" look at my signature, nobody else has bunny overlords over them anymore funny isn't it?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby schnellboot » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:47 pm

nice to cya :)
schnellboot

Score: 102 Give a positive score

Postby Camper1995 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:40 pm

schnellboot wrote:nice to cya :)

Hey man :D Nice to see you here too. How is it going?

Turon wrote:Lcl's Bunny signature that became viral on the forum?
I seem to have been the last the get "infected" look at my signature, nobody else has bunny overlords over them anymore funny isn't it?

Yeah, The Neverhood heh, I wish I made the programming part a bit better. And also I don't know if the game isn't too hard since I have placed very little clues there.
And about the bunny, it was some project I worked with lcl on. It had pretty neat cartoony graphics and we did a great job on it overall, it had great mechanics, too bad we never finished it really.
By the way, have you heard about Armikrog? That game from the original Neverhood creators which is coming out soon? It's looking pretty neat and it might be just
as good as the original Neverhood, can't wait to play it heh.

MrJolteon wrote:Welcome back!

Hey Jolty :D good to see you here
Say hello to my little friend.
Camper1995

Score: 44 Give a positive score

Postby MrJolteon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Turon wrote:I seem to have been the last the get "infected" look at my signature, nobody else has bunny overlords over them anymore funny isn't it?

Let's make this a thing again.
#BunnyOverlord2015
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby Jagmaster » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:01 am

Wow, it has been a long time. Good to see you post again!

I remember when I first saw your Neverhood game, and at the time, I'd never even heard of the original game. It made me look it up, and to my dissapointment, the game will likely never see a digital release. Never ever. never pun intended.

So you can imagine my excitement when the kickstarter for Armikrog was going on! I hope it gets finished soon. There are far too many kickstarter projects that don't see the light of day, it's sad.

So it's because of your game that I'm waiting for a game to come out, and hopelessly hoping that an older version of that game would come out as well. thanks. I guess.

So anyways, good to see ya!

MrJolteon wrote:#BunnyOverlord2015

I WILL NOT SUCCUMB!

NOOOOOOPE

nope

Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General