Shop Help NEEDED

Learn how to make certain types of games and use gameEditor.

Shop Help NEEDED

Postby moonforge » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Hey Guys!

I'm making this simple little game called TANK WARRIOR. You're this little tank that goes around shooting baddies. You can get bomb ammo, health, and coins. The only issue I'm having is with the shop. It's in progress, and I really want to know how to get it to finally work.

Okay, so the buying buttons have three animations:
equipbutton

inusebutton

buybutton

I want the inusebutton animation to start on the regular tank. Easy enough. Next, I need all others (there will be more in the future) to have the buybutton animation. When you buy an item, it switches to the equipbutton animation, removes 150 coins and saves that state. Finally, when you hit the equipbutton on an item, it switches to the inusebutton animation, and changes the current inusebutton to equipbutton animation. (Phew!)

Right now it's pretty messed up. It removes 150 coins, but changes states all wrong and overall, I think I just need to rewrite the whole code. I'm pretty sure I need some switch statements, but I'm not sure where to put them. Any help that comes by would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
moonforge

P.S. +1 to whoever fixes the whole messed-up problem!
Attachments
Tank Warrior.ged
(72.09 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
data.zip
(7.82 MiB) Downloaded 173 times
Last edited by moonforge on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://wannowandrichardsgames.weebly.com/

"You don't have to win to be a winner. You just have to pretend to be better than everyone else."

+ 1 please?
moonforge

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Re: Shop Help NEEDED

Postby moonforge » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:51 am

Also, any improved textures (especially on the rocket and bomber) would be greatly appreciated.
http://wannowandrichardsgames.weebly.com/

"You don't have to win to be a winner. You just have to pretend to be better than everyone else."

+ 1 please?
moonforge

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Re: Shop Help NEEDED

Postby kickstart » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Hey MoonForge, it looks like you got the shop working!
kickstart

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Return to Tutorials