Advertise Game Editor

Game Editor comments and discussion.

What is the best way to get more people (other than updating the software)

youtube channel
67%
kickstarter campaign
No votes
social media presence, eg fb and reddit
17%
other (give detail in comment)
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: Advertise Game Editor

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:00 am

Game Editor is a great, easy to use program once you get the hang of it, with a great interface for 2D games, but I hope it gets an update soon for pc, mac, linux for fullscreen/window choice mode, but also any necessary updates so it can continue to function on the newest operating systems.

I'll see what I can do to post some more videos showing how to create some stuff related to the games I work on in the program, if I have time, to promote it more on youtube, just in case people are looking for: Game Editor, easy to use, 2D video game creation software for pc, mac and linux. I'm finally getting use to C language a little bit more lately, but have a ton to learn.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby Alexvelocity » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:17 pm

- make a designer contest for a new logo
- new appealing website
- facebook group for developers and other people (musicians, designers, writers) for collaborations and daily quick networking
- advertise GE games on youtube, more tutorials and scripts to help newcomers
Alexvelocity

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby Testinodele » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:27 am

Every game is different; some games require extensive scripting, while others may involve intricate AI behaviors. All of these can be integrated into the editor. Imagine being able to add an enemy with a certain behavior just by pressing a few keys in the editor. Now imagine trying to do that same thing by adding code to a scripting file. Which seems more efficient?
Testinodele

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Testinodele wrote:Every game is different; some games require extensive scripting, while others may involve intricate AI behaviors. All of these can be integrated into the editor. Imagine being able to add an enemy with a certain behavior just by pressing a few keys in the editor. Now imagine trying to do that same thing by adding code to a scripting file. Which seems more efficient?

That would be a nice feature, with parameters to adjust as needed.
As of now, once we get a script we like for an actor in the game, the script can be adjusted incrementally as needed.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to GE - General