Mac exports not working on MacBook Pro

Mac specific questions and discussion

Re: Mac exports not working on MacBook Pro

Postby DST » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:34 am

.com version. Terminal opens, screen fills with white.
It's easier to be clever than it is to be kind.
http://www.lostsynapse.com
http://www.dstgames.com
DST

Score: 151 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 am

Yeah, as akr mentioned he has a different mac os binary that should be used. I believe I have it somewhere and can post it. Though, it really should be added to the .com site's bin directory. I think the reason it never was is makslane is the only one that can change the sourceforge download.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Gents, since the announcement of sandboxing the future of mac export has changed. It doesnt make much sense to have a just a binary or a bundle containing a binary.
We need a xcode project as we do with iOS because of sandboxing. Otherwise u will never be able to upload to appstore.

We probably will name it gemac. iOS version is currently called geapp.

Currently we are running sandbox tests with GE. No problems encountered yet. Shouldnt be a big deal.

andreas
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:36 pm

I'd recommend having a separate export for easy use, and one for xcode. Pretty much no user has had a good time using xcode, and not all users who want to export for mac want to upload to the mac app store. Currently (if they had the fixed binary) anyone could export to mac. So I feel like we should keep that, and add a mac appstore deployment version.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:21 am

Ok. Makes sense. For now if you are interrested to create mac binaries download the latest version from appstore.

If u are a entitled GE user write me a private message and I will send u a promotion code.

andreas
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to Mac