Making Windows, Linux, and PocketPC apps, what about Mac?

Mac specific questions and discussion

Do you think they should make Game Maker for Mac and able to make Mac apps?

Yes
73%
No
27%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes : 11

Making Windows, Linux, and PocketPC apps, what about Mac?

Postby UltimateGeek » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:46 pm

Hi there. So, if it can make Linux & PocketPC applications, what about the popular Mac? Not that own a Mac or something, but I'm a guy who distrubutes his software, so I need Mac support!
UltimateGeek

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:45 pm

UltimateGeek:

Oh, I am SO with you on the idea of more support for other platforms. I'd really like to see ink recognition for the Tablet PC. The tablets are gaining ground in the U.S.A. Of course, if GE came out for the MAC, I might even buy a cheap MAC and I would REALLY love to see PalmOS support as well...

Realistically, I know how tough it is to develop for even a single platform. Palm as well as Mac are quite different environments from Windows. I haven't seen many tools for everything unless you go with C and learn the machine hardware!

Maybe another way to go for GE would be to develop single applications for each platform and sell them separately. ie: GE-Mac, GE-Windows, GE-Palm.

Alas, again, Makslane is definately a world talented programmer, but he is just one person. Accomplishing the support for all of the platforms that are already included in GE is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself. It is a lot to expect that one person program for all platforms. :)
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Return to Mac