Problem Compiling gE Code

Non-platform specific questions.

Problem Compiling gE Code

Postby kickstart » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:07 am

Here is the error I am getting? I have done everything I need to do to compile it on Xcode.

CpResource ../../Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SDL-bpmklypjgbquojfngxfjxzmzlrfq/Build/Products/Debug/libSDL.a /Users/wannowprogramming/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/gameeditor-glfdiaaupnxugshgfcropqkzhuwe/Build/Products/Debug/gameEditorMacosx.app/Contents/Resources/libSDL.a
cd /Users/wannowprogramming/Downloads/trunk
builtin-copy -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -exclude .hg -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/wannowprogramming/Downloads/trunk/../../Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SDL-bpmklypjgbquojfngxfjxzmzlrfq/Build/Products/Debug/libSDL.a /Users/wannowprogramming/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/gameeditor-glfdiaaupnxugshgfcropqkzhuwe/Build/Products/Debug/gameEditorMacosx.app/Contents/Resources

error: /Users/wannowprogramming/Downloads/trunk/../../Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SDL-bpmklypjgbquojfngxfjxzmzlrfq/Build/Products/Debug/libSDL.a: No such file or directory
kickstart

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Re: Problem Compiling gE Code

Postby skydereign » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:17 am

Are you building SDL as the static library? Aside from akr and myself, I don't think anyone here has built the newest version of the source.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby kickstart » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 am

I'm trying to build GUI 12. Is this the newest version?
kickstart

Postby kickstart » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:25 am

I plan to actually work on this code, but I want to compile it first.
kickstart

Postby skydereign » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:32 am

JetpackGrizzly wrote:I plan to actually work on this code, but I want to compile it first.

I know. You need to build SDL before you can successfully build GUI 12. Because you need to create the libSDL.a file, to import into the GUI 12 project. And when you build the SDL project, you need to have it set to static library. I know what you want to do, and I know how I got it to work. But I don't know if you did the steps I mentioned. GUI 12 won't build without the proper libSDL.a file.
skydereign

Postby kickstart » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 am

Whatever I did got rid of the initial error but now this one showed up. I may be doing to wrong altogether. If I ever edit gE code as a developer will I have to do this all over again? How in the world did you figure this out?
kickstart

Postby kickstart » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 am

Why exactly is this so hard? It's advertised all over the website as such a easy thing to download the source to start working on it, but that isn't the case. I want to work on it as soon as I can but it Is so sloppy and troubling to get around. How do you do it?
kickstart

Postby skydereign » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:53 am

JetpackGrizzly wrote:Why exactly is this so hard? It's advertised all over the website as such a easy thing to download the source to start working on it, but that isn't the case.

akr essentially forked the code base, working on his own private copy. So it had to be merged back into the current repository. akr's setup isn't cleaned up to perfection, but I was able to build it by following a few steps. It's actually worse for linux, as with the current repository, it has never been built in a working condition (though I can compile it successfully).
JetpackGrizzly wrote:I want to work on it as soon as I can but it Is so sloppy and troubling to get around. How do you do it?

Just because you haven't gotten it to build in a couple of days, doesn't mean it is sloppy. The 1.5 repository is not in an entirely workable state, which is one reason it hasn't been released yet. I'll answer the rest via reply to your pm.
skydereign

Return to General