How to dual boot your Nook color with Android Cyanogenmod

Android specific questions and discussion

How to dual boot your Nook color with Android Cyanogenmod

Postby Jagmaster » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:55 pm

Just found out how to dual boot a nook color to run Android Cyanogenmod 10.1 (which I think is based on the jellybean version) off a micro sd card. This is nice because you don't need to root the nook or erase any of the built-in os. It's sort of like using a bootable linux disk. Once you take the card out, you're back to the standard nook os. If you wanted to, you could root your nook and wipe of everything and load CM10, but it's always nice to leave the internal memory intact just in case something goes wrong. :)

After much trial and error, I managed to get it working. I had found many tutorials (most of them dating back to 2011) that were full of dead links, and such. With that said, this is the most recent guide I've found and it worked splendidly.

Here is the guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1941858

When I did fail, I had to use this Panasonic SD formatting utility -> https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/suppor ... fv2003.exe because it fully erased my previous partitions and files and such. This is important because the image file will not be burned properly if you have any hidden or extra partitions!

Also I've heard it works best with sandisk cards, and some might not be compatible, so watch out.

Anyways, I hope this will prove useful to someone. You can find the Nook color pretty cheap on ebay and other places. As such, it can be a useful testing device for testing purposes. It did run pretty smooth for the most part, a few games like Temple run didn't run quite as smoothly as it could have though. I have yet to run any ge apps on it. I'll update when I do.

But overall it was a pretty fun project to tackle. :)
Attachments
Nook.jpg
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Return to Android (alpha)