battle brigades - graphics so far :)

How to find or create sprites, graphics, sounds and music.

battle brigades - graphics so far :)

Postby Azield » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:49 pm

hello all,

i said to myself i'd only post this up when i'd basically finished all the graphics and animation frames... i guess i'm too impatient and wanted to post what i've got so far. so any comments and criticisms would be much appreciated... :)

i've got so much more to do until all the artwork for this is finished, i haven't even really started doing anything with game editor yet! just good ol paint and a touch of graphics-gale to help tweak some of the animated frames ;) oh, i've done a few of the sound fx using some 8 bit synths but yup, this is it really! well, i've also made lots of notes and spreadsheets to help me formulate the game structure and storyline but i don't wanna bore anyone stupid with all that!

as you can probably see, i'm going for the 8 bit era look, heavily influenced by the early final fantasy games, but with a tactical rpg style game structure :) anywho hopefully this sheet will give you an idea as to where i'm heading with it, think early fire emblem etc. as you can see i'm going for a grid based style like the famicom/gameboy wars titles. for simplicities sake i've decided to try and keep all animation within the same grid rather than overlapping. i guess this comment will induce some of you to shouting how easy doing animation is in game editor! but as a starting point at least this is what i've decided to aim for. however due to this i'm having a bit of trouble animating my knight character all in one grid. what with him being on a horse and having a lance i'm not sure how i'm going to fit him all in! i'm working on another version with him having a sword instead which will hopefully make things a bit easier. thankfully there're only a few characters on horseback, phew!

anywho, let me know what you guys think... oh and i'd rather no one use my sprites, at least for the time being until i get frustrated and give up trying to make this game!

split into three files: overworld, units, unit sketchpad...
The attachment battle brigades - overworld.PNG is no longer available
The attachment units so far.PNG is no longer available
unit sketchpad.PNG
Attachments
battle brigades - overworld.PNG
units so far.PNG
boom bash, boom boom bash (thru an 8 bit drum synth!)

http://soundcloud.com/lil-tonk
Azield

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: battle brigades - graphics so far :)

Postby poopbrigade » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:14 am

The name sounds kinda familliar?
XD....

This is time consuming work..
Nice job..
Like the graphics XD..
One of the character looks like the mushroom in mario XD....Brings back memories
When life gives you oranges, make orange juice. When life gives you poop, make fertilizer not poop juice.

Current project __ CorPsEdEaRtH
Estimated work done __ 12%
poopbrigade

Score: 46 Give a positive score

Re: battle brigades - graphics so far :)

Postby Azield » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:17 pm

thanks for the comments poopbrigade

poopbrigade wrote:The name sounds kinda familliar?

i'll take that as a good sign, hopefully it's memorable in that case :)

poopbrigade wrote:One of the character looks like the mushroom in mario

i think you're talking about the eastern mystic/mage character shooting a lightning bolt. that's supposed to be a turban on his head, but now you mention it he does look a bit like toad! :P
boom bash, boom boom bash (thru an 8 bit drum synth!)

http://soundcloud.com/lil-tonk
Azield

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Return to Game Resources