[August Darkness] Dark and Dead

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Re: [August Darkness] Dark and Dead

Postby lcl » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:51 am

I had never before played a zombie shooter game but I have to say that this one is good!
There's just one thing I think is weird. Why can't you change between the weapons you've collected? For instance, at the beginning I took the one that fires quickly but accidentally ran over the pistol after that and then I could not use the first weapon anymore. The pistol seems quite useless anyway..

But still, nice work! :)
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby friedfish » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Game is pretty tense, good job friedfish! The lighting looks great!

Thanks... yeah lighting took me long to rotate and to make sure its good... :)

Oh my gosh. I played it again today, since today was the day to play it, and it was a whole lot more fun today for some reason. Also in survival mode, when the background suddenly said monster kill, I jumped all the time, and I am still wondering about that GE pac-man in a corner of the survival mode, what is it? Great game.

thanks for playing it again... replay value of a game is always important... i'm gonna add more features for this game and that GE pac-man on the corner is actually my fault... I forgot to set it to don't draw... :)

Great game
At the begining I searched for medipacks all the time.But later I was Rambo nothing could stop me then XD
I really like this game.

glad you liked it... wait for more additional content... :)

I had never before played a zombie shooter game but I have to say that this one is good!
There's just one thing I think is weird. Why can't you change between the weapons you've collected? For instance, at the beginning I took the one that fires quickly but accidentally ran over the pistol after that and then I could not use the first weapon anymore. The pistol seems quite useless anyway..

But still, nice work!

Thanks..

On the weapons changing, I actually had that feature in mind but I guess I never did make it due to the time limit... I was able to implement 2 guns only where I had 4 prepared to do but I will implement it now after the competition...

Thank you guys... appreciate all the compliments...

I am planning now to continue this... Look forward to it.... :D
friedfish

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Can not wait to see the completed version of this game! And thanks for telling me what the pac-man is for. :D I love zombie games.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to Game Demos