(Spin-off of bats idea but) GE Advertising topic

Non-platform specific questions.

Do you want to join an advertising group for game editor?

Yes I will put the ads on my sites and games
50%
Yes I will come up with ideas
25%
Yes I will make the ads
25%
No just focus on bats topic
No votes
No this is pointless and so are you
No votes
No just no
No votes

Total votes : 4

(Spin-off of bats idea but) GE Advertising topic

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Hello guys. While bats idea focus more on adding to the program of ge, (and fighting :P) this focuses on the advertising. How could you advertise and anyone want to make an advertising group for ge?

P.S If the poll gets more than three votes on the bats topic, can a moderator please delete this topic?
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: (Spin-off of bats idea but) GE Advertising topic

Postby Turon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:55 am

How do you make adds?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Turon wrote:How do you make adds?

Easy, they are two ways of making them, :)

1: Pictures, someone does art and some words, someone clicks on the picture and it directs them to the webpage
2: Vidoe, make a quick 30 second video and if the viewer is intrested, he/she will go to that site and have a look

the hard bit is getting it popular :(
knucklecrunchgames

Postby Turon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:02 am

You'll need to pay to have the add on a website?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby Spectrogram » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Advertising on your own website would be free (I should hope you aren't charging yourself) but that would mean the view count is limited to the popularity of your website. Making short videos and such can be somewhat effective, but they have to look good and professional. But before anything else about professionalism is uttered, the best solution to advertising is using your game to advertise.

By doing this, there are some things that need to be sought out:
- As far as I know, except in 1.4.1b, the engine automatically places a "Powered by gameEditor" at the start-up. I am glad that 1.4.1b doesn't do this, because the irreplaceable start-up sequence, with the silent, fade-in-fade-out with the blurry, stretched, shiny pac-man was just visually unappealing. If you are developing in 1.4.1b, just add in somewhere, perhaps in the title screen, something like 'Created by [your name] with gameEditor'.
- We are all familiar with http://www.gamejolt.com, right? It's a site for posting your homebrew games. In the description of the game, you can put something like 'Created with gameEditor [insert link]'. Just make sure your game looks somewhat good, because sticking gameEditor to an awful looking game really isn't any help to the engine. I've seen some terribly cringe-inducing game on GameJolt. Call it stacking the deck in your favour if you want, but really, the engine needs all the help it can get!
- And though less outward, if you know anyone who is considering learning game programming or C programming at all, suggest it to them.

Suggestions from me, nothing else, and a year-and-a-half later, (exactly minus 1 day).
Spectrogram

Score: 3 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Spectrogram wrote:Advertising on your own website would be free (I should hope you aren't charging yourself) but that would mean the view count is limited to the popularity of your website. Making short videos and such can be somewhat effective, but they have to look good and professional. But before anything else about professionalism is uttered, the best solution to advertising is using your game to advertise.

By doing this, there are some things that need to be sought out:
- As far as I know, except in 1.4.1b, the engine automatically places a "Powered by gameEditor" at the start-up. I am glad that 1.4.1b doesn't do this, because the irreplaceable start-up sequence, with the silent, fade-in-fade-out with the blurry, stretched, shiny pac-man was just visually unappealing. If you are developing in 1.4.1b, just add in somewhere, perhaps in the title screen, something like 'Created by [your name] with gameEditor'.
- We are all familiar with http://www.gamejolt.com, right? It's a site for posting your homebrew games. In the description of the game, you can put something like 'Created with gameEditor [insert link]'. Just make sure your game looks somewhat good, because sticking gameEditor to an awful looking game really isn't any help to the engine. I've seen some terribly cringe-inducing game on GameJolt. Call it stacking the deck in your favour if you want, but really, the engine needs all the help it can get!
- And though less outward, if you know anyone who is considering learning game programming or C programming at all, suggest it to them.

Suggestions from me, nothing else, and a year-and-a-half later, (exactly minus 1 day).

Meh, I started this when I was young and stupid and cared about making games.
knucklecrunchgames

Postby mariamedina » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Do you need to pay?
mariamedina

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Return to General