Spyrographs 2.0 (DRAW ONE FOR POINTS!)

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Spyrographs 2.0 (DRAW ONE FOR POINTS!)

Postby pyrometal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:24 am

Hello everyone! I'm finally done building Spyrographs 2.0 and it ready for release!!! For those of you that have seen and liked Project Spyrographs, this one is even more polyvalent and is far more consistent in its drawing methods! Unlike the first thought, Spyrographs 2.0 does not have a GUI... it works with a programing language I made up! Also, this one does not show the drawing process unlike the previous one, and is a lot faster to see changes and modify your creations.

Basically, all the functions are called via the command prompt, and each of them are explained in the "word 97" file included in the ziped folder. You should have it opened along with the program to figure it out. There are only 16 functions to know! The command prompt as been built in a "dummy proof" manner which forces correct syntax to be inputed, and also, its completely syntax highlighted for readability!

Also, there is a random[number] function not mentioned in the text file which will set and draw random spyrograph for you, the number being how many of them. I advise playing with it to try and get decent results, since its not perfect...

Also, I made some spyrographs myself using my tool and put them in the zip folder as demos. You can load them with the "load[name]" function. You can also save your own using the "save[name]" function!!!

INTERESTING FACT: This program was built using only 2 actors!!! Both of them are canvas actors too! One for the spyrographs, and one for the command prompt! So how did I do the text? It's completly code rendered! In fact, there are no premade graphics in this project, everything is drawn by codes! (using putpixel(); and erase();)

ALSO, I will reward everyone that posts a "Spyrograph 2.0 File" with screenshot of what it draws with 2 pts! Only one time per person though, since I must prevent abuse... You are free to post however many you want, but the 2 points is only given once per person.

Screenshot 1.PNG
Boot Screen.

Screenshot 2.PNG
This is the "demo_one" file in the zip.

Spyrographs 2.0.zip
EXE (Extract to view demo files)
(775.07 KiB) Downloaded 897 times

Enjoy! And please do post!

--pyro
SPRITE WARRIOR:
Free, open-source & crossplatform pixel art editor (currently under construction).
pyrometal

Score: 86 Give a positive score

Re: Spyrographs 2.0 (DRAW ONE FOR POINTS!)

Postby catacomber » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:19 am

My Spiral---it's fun. :D I froze when I tried to make a more glorious one but think that's just my computer--need a higher powered graphics memory card.

Your instructions are clear--I had no trouble following them.
Attachments
My-Spiral.JPG
catacomber

Score: 10 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:40 am

You need to post the ged and data files in the Game Demos forum.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby catacomber » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 am

Woohoo, my second spiral--you need to put on your sunglasses. : ) It would be helpful to see the files that support this. :D I used your random function. :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments
My-Spiro2.JPG
catacomber

Postby pyrometal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:50 am

As much as I hate to post valuable code, I guess its unlikely anyone will understand it anyway, its just so vast...

Here it is then:
Spyrographs 2.0 SOURCE.zip
DON'T STEAL
(43.65 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

To catacomber: Thanks for participating! You forgot the "Spyrograph files" but that's fine with me! +2 points for you! (score increases from 1 to 3!)
SPRITE WARRIOR:
Free, open-source & crossplatform pixel art editor (currently under construction).
pyrometal

Postby pyrometal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:52 am

oh!! It doesn't allow for two points in a row! I'll take your name down, and I'll try to add your second point later then! I'll do the same for everyone!
SPRITE WARRIOR:
pyrometal

Postby catacomber » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:53 am

Can't you just copyright your code and put a copyright sign next to it, the c with a circle around it--can't duplicate it here. Mail it to yourself in a closed envelope. Keep the envelope closed. Not that anyone can do much enforcement on the internet but at least it might scare people. : )

Thanks for the points. : ) Am OK with what you gave me, was not trying to up my points---just was blasted away with the spyro I got with the random code. : )
catacomber

Postby pyrometal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:57 am

I'll leave it as is... It would be hard to win a legal battle with a forum full of backup! :wink: ttyl!
SPRITE WARRIOR:
pyrometal

Postby catacomber » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:58 am

I challenge anyone to get a spiro more flamboyant than mine. : ) ) ) ) )

Will give them a point (just gave you one, pyrometal, since I had so much fun)! :D

I think you should put the random function in your doc.
catacomber

Postby catacomber » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:10 am

Challenging anyone to post one more flamboyant than this one now. : ) ) ) This is my modern art version. : )
Attachments
my_spiro3.JPG
catacomber

Postby catacomber » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:17 am

And this expresses random 5000000. : ) Without tweaking for all the other possibilities in your doc. But I love flowers so will stop here. : )
Attachments
my_spiro4.JPG
catacomber

Postby pyrometal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:21 am

lol, the maximum number of drawing points is 5, do anything larger than 5 in the random command does nothing... lol
SPRITE WARRIOR:
pyrometal

Postby pyrometal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:49 pm

It seems no one else besides catacomber actually cares about this program... 9 downloads and one one replies... :(
SPRITE WARRIOR:
pyrometal

Postby Firebird6X » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:15 am

This can make a graphic you can use to make a nice animation. I've not done it here but it could be done. Just change the colors in photoshop. Make 6 or 9 frames where the colors result in an oscillation effect. That makes your program valuable, I think. It would be like an animated colorful hologram. It's a good tool. Maybe those who are looking for fighting demos and other such don't realize how helpful this could be in making a game.
Attachments
spirograph.JPG
Firebird6X

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Postby pyrometal » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:29 am

Thank you very much and welcome to the Forum! I will add your second point tommorow, when the system allows me! Looking forward to talk with you sometime in the future! ttyl
SPRITE WARRIOR:
pyrometal

Next

Return to Game Demos