Won't Load!!!

Windows specific questions and discussion

Won't Load!!!

Postby NME » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:46 pm

I have created and exported another game on GE before, and it works just fine (it's an .exe). However, the one I'm trying to export now just won't load after it's exported! Can anyone help me? Thanks!
NME

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Won't Load!!!

Postby juansimat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:19 am

Hello, can you give us more details so we can try and reproduce the problem?
̿̿¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(๏̯͡๏)=ε
juansimat

Score: 27 Give a positive score

Postby NME » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:24 pm

juansimat wrote:Hello, can you give us more details so we can try and reproduce the problem?
So 3 month ago, I was able to export another game onto my windows computer. I was even able to upload it to Game Jolt! And I want to do another one, and I finished working on the demo and I want to post it to Game Jolt, and here's what I did:
I clicked File, then Export, then I gave it a name like Test. I pressed select, and pressed desktop, then save. Then I made the export type Windows Executable, and pressed export. I clicked on the file, and a Black Screen appeared. Shortly after I opened it, it was closed automatically. Tell me if there's any thing else you need to know.
NME

Postby juansimat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm guessing it works on Game Mode but not on export.
Some possible solutions:

Download Game Editor again and try if it exports now fine.

Or maybe your .ged got corrupted while some editor's crash/bug. If you have the undo file or your own backup, you can try to recover early versions and see at which point the export fails.

Other problem could be that you have some memory issues or script error that happens on an action inside a Create Event.
̿̿¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(๏̯͡๏)=ε
juansimat

Score: 27 Give a positive score

Postby NME » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:55 pm

juansimat wrote:I'm guessing it works on Game Mode but not on export.
Some possible solutions:

Download Game Editor again and try if it exports now fine.

Or maybe your .ged got corrupted while some editor's crash/bug. If you have the undo file or your own backup, you can try to recover early versions and see at which point the export fails.

Other problem could be that you have some memory issues or script error that happens on an action inside a Create Event.

Thank you very much!
NME

Return to Windows