Problems with Linux version...

Linux specific questions and discussion

Problems with Linux version...

Postby linux_man007 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:36 am

Hi, I'm currently using Game Editor Linux Freeware 1.2.

I seem to be encountering some problems that may not have been fixed, even though
Game Editor Windows 1.2 may have already been completely updated.

I am currently encountering these problems:

1. The screen STILL RESIZES when in game mode. For example, I had downloaded the Fortune Cookie game. I started up the editor and loaded the .ged file. Then I clicked the 'Game Mode' button, then presses Esc once in game mode to reenter the editor.
The window is now resized to the size of a PocketPC screen. The only way to revert the window resolution back to normal is to exit and reenter Game Editor.

2. When you finish viewing a tutorial or exit it prematurely, then start a new one, sometimes the new tutorial doesn't behave properly. For example, sometimes the mouse pointer would point in a location other than it should be, such as when nothing is under the pointer except empty space.

3. The freeware version doesn't allow me to export. All it does is display an error message saying: 'Export only available in Professional version'. I thought that the export feature had been added to the freeware version!

Repair of these three problems would be greatly appreciated.
linux_man007

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:40 am

Hey linux_man:
I used the freeware version of GE for quite a while before I bought it. I finally got the idea of how to use the program and I really wanted to support it. You've got to admit that GE is an amazing piece of work. Why don't you join the rest of us and purchase the full version. That way we could all share our demos and you wouldn't have to worry about program differences.
Hmmmm, well, on second thought, maybe you can't use the "for purchase" program because you only run Linux? :lol:
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby linux_man007 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:56 am

Yes, Just4Fun, I certainly do agree that GE is a very powerful game design tool.
I think that there is a GE Pro for Linux, as well as for Windows.
I also plan on purchasing GE Pro Edition. Currently, the only thing keeping me from purchasing the software is a lack of money. I should be able to purchase it in a month or so, though.
linux_man007

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:27 pm

I know "lack of money" well. :lol:

This is a little off topic, but I would also love to break the Windowz bonds. How do you survive on Linux without Windowz though? I've also thought about Mac. It is Unix, I believe. It is so beautifully designed graphically, but it is also languishing away. I've had many experiences with orphan computers over the years. Some of them, I still miss, but when I went to Microsoft, it was strictly because I was tired of rooting for the "underdog" and I needed it for work...
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Return to Linux