RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby Turon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:19 am

I thought GE 1.4.1 had already been released what's going on?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:22 am

No, it hasn't been officially released. The released version of 1.4.1 is a beta version.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby Sayato » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:20 am

Zooming is just what my game needs! It's supposed to zoom in and out when you push the zoom in and out buttons. If you're kind enough to work on my protect, could you please log everything you did so later you can tell me what you did.
Attachments
2-23-2015.rar
(76.4 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
Sayato

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:19 am

lcl I'm in a bit of a situation...
strange circumstances have brought a mac into my possession and my low resolution games will refuse to run at all!
so I have to use your resolutionary to enable me to run them. but there are a whole lot of functions here that have no reference on the GE wiki or documentation. I could just wait for GE 1.4.1b but I don't know when or if it will come out
so waiting could waist precious time....

for once what does "textNumber" and drawAllActors and drawCenterActor do and mean?
could you please help me out?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Turon wrote:lcl I'm in a bit of a situation...
strange circumstances have brought a mac into my possession and my low resolution games will refuse to run at all!
so I have to use your resolutionary to enable me to run them. but there are a whole lot of functions here that have no reference on the GE wiki or documentation. I could just wait for GE 1.4.1b but I don't know when or if it will come out
so waiting could waist precious time....

for once what does "textNumber" and drawAllActors and drawCenterActor do and mean?
could you please help me out?

I haven't heard from LCL on this forum in awhile.
I'll have to look to see what actors textNumber and so on are referencing to in this code.

I'd like to have an option in a menu to scale the screen up to 1920 x1080, with a standard resolution of 1024x720 or so, in window form so it's flexible, but I'm thinking it won't change the window itself, just the canvas? I have to take a look again but LCL was hinting at this possibility by suggesting that skydereign's 1.4.1 update to change the window size would replace the need for this scaler, implying this scaler could do it. It would be nice to give the gamer an option to change the screen resolution of the game.

EDIT: Update. Wow, I forgot how cool this feature is. To zoom in even closer, or change the size of the game, I did the following:

Input/ keydown/ return/ script editor:
Code: Select all
if (textNumber > 5){textNumber =5;}
else
if (textNumber < 10){textNumber = 10;} // I changed the .1's to 10's and super zoom resulted!
size=textNumber;

I have to test this out more, but when you press return (or any key you want to assign it to, or menu option, you may be able to change the resolution. This could be really cool if the window allows itself to be grab/dragged on the lower right corner.

UPDATE 2:
Oh man, so close. Sadly the window export of the game doesn't allow any adjustment by dragging the lower right corner. If it did, I could drag it down and to the left if the screen was small enough, and fill up a bigger resolution screen after pressing the large button.
On the other hand, one could always make a giant resolution, say 1920x1080, and then present the game in that huge window in say 1024x720 resolution for example, and if the gamer had a bigger screen resolution, they could access the scale option and fill up the window. If the screen was smaller, they could hit the option to shrink the game.

I wonder how this affects the frame rate however?

Even so, I can imagine this would be cool for scaling anything in the canvas box incrementally in size.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to Game Demos