GE video

Game Editor comments and discussion.

GE video

Postby NightOfHorror » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:41 pm

So I found the video of the GE trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-BYay5lpsI
It has 280k views, of course I expect most are from years a go when this was made, but does this provide maybe an incentive to make another video, remind people of this engine? We have had games since then, and we can show the progress of some new games. I did a video thread a while a go, but that was just for the home-page, as a new demonstration, so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone. Plus, show more of the fact that it is open source, with free licenses. With that, a link in the video with video tutorials, such as HBlade's as I hear his is very good, and lcl's once his reaches a bit more topics. Maybe it could give a bit of a jump in activity. I am up for it, if you guys are too. Of course we would have to pick the right games to showcase, and a wide variety of genres to show that it can make several types of games. :D
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: GE video

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Wed May 14, 2014 6:56 pm

So sorry to go offtopic but I saw a game in the trailer and I wanted to know what it was called, it looked fun.

[img]whatgameisthis.png[/img]
Attachments
whatgameisthis.png
whatgameisthis.png (7.46 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Wed May 14, 2014 8:10 pm

knucklecrunchgames wrote:So sorry to go offtopic but I saw a game in the trailer and I wanted to know what it was called, it looked fun.

Game Over Land by the awesome pyrometal.
Here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6330

About the video, I could try my hand at doing it, but I'm not really that good at video editing, and I don't have a good software for that. But if anyone else won't do it, I could. Any hints on a good free video editing software would be much appreciated, though. :)
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed May 14, 2014 10:38 pm

Awesome, that would be great. We just need to showcase GE games and features.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General