Compiling troubles

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Re: Compiling troubles

Postby zeebrazil » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:49 pm

The latest code works. But whenever I build gameEditor I was getting library issues from other projects.I have built the projects individually and resolved those issues. The error now is 15>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\output\windows\debug\native_midi.lib. I dont know where this library is generated. Still working.
zeebrazil

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:02 pm

zeebrazil wrote:I am using the link "https://game-editor.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/game-editor" instead of
svn co https://game-editor.svn.sourceforge.net ... itor/trunk

The "trunk" always gave the most recent changes.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 pm

zeebrazil wrote:The latest code works. But whenever I build gameEditor I was getting library issues from other projects.I have built the projects individually and resolved those issues. The error now is 15>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\output\windows\debug\native_midi.lib. I dont know where this library is generated. Still working.

Try to compile the release version too.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby zeebrazil » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:27 am

HI I did try the release mode but that and the build mode are failing with the below error. c:\SubVersion\GameEditorCom\trunk\SDL\SDL\src\video\windx5\directx.h(80) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory. And in build mode I am also getting the below error.
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '..\..\..\..\output\Windows\staticSDL\Debug\SDL_dx5audio.sbr': No such file or directory. I know i am getting closer but need some patience. Inbetween can I atleast see the editor without building the project? How does I get the editor running first?
zeebrazil

Postby zeebrazil » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:21 am

I got them resolved aswell. the dsound.h is a header file from directx. so i finallly built the gameEditor and got the gameEditor.exe generated. But, when I run the gameEditor.exe it is showing me blank page. please check the attached screenshot. Hmm...may be I need to start working on the code, to understand completely.
Attachments
gameEditor.jpg
zeebrazil

Postby makslane » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 pm

The black screen is due to some missing files (the files on the gameEditor/res folder).
The files are copy from the gameEditor/res to the output folder.

So, make sure execute gameEditor.exe from a folder with the gameEditor/res files.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby zeebrazil » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:46 am

I was not sure what those files are missing. But the gameEditor/res folder has files and I did try to copy all the files to output folder and tried to run gameEditor.exe. It still shows the black screen and it wont close also. I have to do a ctrl+Atl+del to close it. I am using window 7, visual studio 2008 and directx. I tried both build and release. Please advise.
zeebrazil

Postby makslane » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Open the Windows Explorer, go to the output folder and execute Game Editor.
If you are trying to debug from VS, make sure the working directory is the output directory.
makslane
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General