Game Editor crashes in editor Error: Font 13 pt

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Game Editor crashes in editor Error: Font 13 pt

Postby Zivouhr » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:33 pm

Has anyone encountered an error that crashes GE where after you test play the game and press esc to return to the editor and then the Terminal text window says:

Error: couldn't load 13 pt font from msgothic.ttf: Couldn't open msgothic.ttf
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

I'm only using the IMPACT true text font for my game, but for some reason, it's saying it needs to load a 13 pt font from msgothic.ttf. I'm wondering if this is the reason the editor keeps crashes. Sometimes it's while I'm in the editor mode highlighting text. Then it freezes and crashes.

It crashes 1 out of every 5 game mode test attempts. So that's a good 400+ crashes since I started programming this game, not including my prior games.

SOLUTION? I'm wondering if I need to install an msgothic font just so game editor will recognize it and stop crashing while using the editor/game mode? Not sure. Any tips? :?:

This is happening in editor mode way too often the larger the game gets and it takes a minute or two to load the game up each time due to the large file size of the graphics, currently at 169 MB and I'm only on the first level of 8+.
This happened in the past too, while in the editor mode creating my other games. Thankfully it doesn't affect the exported game, but I wish there was a quick solution.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Re: Game Editor crashes in editor Error: Font 13 pt

Postby skydereign » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:01 am

I remember seeing the error msgothic message, but I don't think it ever caused gE to crash for me on linux. I'll look around to see if that error can cause the editor to crash.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Re: Game Editor crashes in editor Error: Font 13 pt

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:38 am

skydereign wrote:I remember seeing the error msgothic message, but I don't think it ever caused gE to crash for me on linux. I'll look around to see if that error can cause the editor to crash.

Thanks Skydereign. I also remember seeing a message now and then that says, "Segmentation fault 11."
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General