Kindle fire

Android specific questions and discussion

Kindle fire

Postby DBGames » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:33 am

i exported my game Pong Optimazation to a dat and followed some longass tutorial to get it to install on android devices.
kindle fire is an android 2.3.3 and it installs and runs my game fine, but mouse enter,and mouse down events dont register. is their something im missing for touch compatabilities?

ok, nevermind, GE is retarded at overwriting files for some reason, i fixed that, but now, when i went to set resolution it dosnt have the kindles.
1024x600

c'mon GE.
c'mon.

edit again, im fried tonight im sorry, i just realized i can manually enter it. (it still should be added now that a device uses it, but idc)
DBGames

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Re: Kindle fire

Postby skydereign » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:41 am

Please be patient with gE android. It isn't finalized, so naturally android resolutions won't be there (if they are it wasn't planned that way). There are a few known bugs and limitations, writing and loading files is one of them.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Jagmaster » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Would it be easier to run a GE android .apk on a device such as the Kindle Fire, or a normal android tablet? I've been debating and talking with some people, and I've heard that because of the custom interface on the Kindle may pose some problems with "Homebrew" situations. I do not have a device to test these applications, and the Kindle seemed like a good affordable option. Does anyone have any second opinions on this?
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby Fojam » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:52 pm

im sure that with the ability to zoom in ge 1.5, it will be easier to adjust resolutions
CLICK TO GIVE ME POINTS

My Latest Projects:
Super Smash Bros: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12307 PLEASE help by making sprites!
Fojam

Score: 69 Give a positive score

Postby Clokio » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:24 am

I suggest GE focus on Kindle Fire, it's a excellent market according to a couple of statistic.
Now each device have their own SDK, it make it hard to say our engine export android, there is so many devices.

A feature that rare engine have is to reside everything when you change the screen format in the editor.
Clokio

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Return to Android (alpha)