Game Editor Source Code

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Game Editor Source Code

Postby makslane » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:09 pm

Now is time to a new era in the Game Editor development.

I've announce before the open the Game Editor interface, but now, the plans are others.

Game Editor source code is now available for anyone thats want to get the code compile and use.

The Game Editor development site is:
http://code.game-editor.com

I hope to get great developers to work on the Game Editor source code to create a really great application :-)

Thanks,
Makslane
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Re: Game Editor Source Code

Postby pyrometal » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:20 pm

Gosh! This is great! If only I had any experience with C++... I only know straight C unfortunately, so until I get into OOP I won't be much help... I browsed the files and discovered that you seem to be using SDL for your graphics (if I'm not mistaken). Maybe I'll be able to participate to GE's development in a few years... I'm currently in my second year of univerisity, obtaining a computer software engineering degree, planning to get my master's degree if possible too. You can expect I'll try my hand at this once I get the knowledge I need. Cheers for a bright future in indie game devellopment with GE!

--pyro
SPRITE WARRIOR:
Free, open-source & crossplatform pixel art editor (currently under construction).
pyrometal

Score: 86 Give a positive score

Postby stevenp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:25 pm

cool stuff
stevenp

Score: 16 Give a positive score

Postby asmodeus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:45 pm

That's great! But is there a link where I can download all the files in a archive?
asmodeus

Score: 43 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:23 pm

There is no archive links now. But by using the TortoiseSVN is a easy way to get the updated code every day.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby Thanx » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Yay! Finally we can start helping! Though it will take a little to get ot know SVN, aaaand.... too bad I'm slowly kinda getting back to Delphi.... I hope I can continue contributing, cause now is when the fun part begins!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyXexDJBv58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be4__gww1xQ
These are me and playing the piano (second one with a friend/fellow student)
Hope you watch and enjoy!
Thanx

Score: 24 Give a positive score

Postby qingingsoft » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi, i recently found about this annoucement. I dont understand completely what does this mean.
Is this the source code for the full game-editor, or just one component?
From reading the license that was in the source code from the svn, Im reading that a single indie developer can make a commercial game with this source Does the single developer have to pay a royalty to the game-editor devs for the sales of the titles made with it? And finally, from reading the compilation guide, it mentions that several extra 3rd party components needed. For example, the raknet network library, which according to its license, it requires at least a $500 license for commercial use. How does that fit into this game editor source code release?

I would appreciate if someone would kindly clear this points up.

Thanks.

javierm
qingingsoft

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby victor1242 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:51 pm

Makslane - hi. Long time since we communicated. Glad to see that Game Editor is still going strong. Very interesting new approach to development. I plan to get involved.

Victor Bissonnette
victorgb@golden.net
victor1242

Postby makslane » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks Victor :-)
makslane
Site Admin

Postby makslane » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:42 pm

qingingsoft wrote:Is this the source code for the full game-editor, or just one component?

The full code is available.

Does the single developer have to pay a royalty to the game-editor devs for the sales of the titles made with it?

No.

And finally, from reading the compilation guide, it mentions that several extra 3rd party components needed. For example, the raknet network library, which according to its license, it requires at least a $500 license for commercial use. How does that fit into this game editor source code release?

You need to get a RakNet license if your game uses the online capabilities provided by the RakNet.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby qingingsoft » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 am

Oh, ok, thank you for your quick reply Makslane! OK, so a commercial license is needed to be able to use the raknet network feature. Im not planning on network support yet for my game, since it'll be single player mostly, so i guess the license is not needed. Are there any other components needed to build game-editor that need some sort of commercial arrangement to use commercially?

BTW, thank you again, for your continued contributions to the indie game developer. :)
qingingsoft

Postby makslane » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:05 am

Game Editor uses PocketHAL to access the screen in the windows mobile devices.
The free version of the PocketHAL shows a little text on the screen, but if you make a donation, the text will be removed.

BTW, The RakNet library have a free license for commercial games too!
makslane
Site Admin

Postby summer_goth » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 am

Wow will this is a surprise. :)

Will definitely check it out. It's good of you to do this Makslane.

So if I understand correctly then if we bought Game Editor then we do not have to display the Game Editor logo or link to the Game Editor website? So I assume that mentioning you in the credits will be alright?
summer_goth

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:32 am

summer_goth wrote:So if I understand correctly then if we bought Game Editor then we do not have to display the Game Editor logo or link to the Game Editor website?

Yes

So I assume that mentioning you in the credits will be alright?

Only if you want to show :-)
makslane
Site Admin

Postby qingingsoft » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:51 pm

I will definitely show. :)
qingingsoft

Next

Return to General