off topic - game editor sprite tool

How to find or create sprites, graphics, sounds and music.

Re: off topic - game editor sprite tool

Postby FeralX » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:28 am

j2graves wrote:
FeralX wrote:
j2graves wrote:I downloaded the latest version and I have some feedback for ya.
- If I make any changes that resize the border of the image, and I click "restore original", the image will automatically resize to fit the new border until I mess with the zoom.
- If I try to rotate an image by typing the angle in, the mini preview will not show me the change until I click "OK".
- If I click "reset" on the rotation without making any changes, the border will automatically increase in size.

Well that's my feedback. Overall it's a great, simple program that will be very helpful when it is completed :)

Thanks for the feedback. I have fixed the above problems (I hope), and the fixes will be in the new release.
cheers
Feral

I'm afraid they don't seem to be fixed. In the case of "restore original", there is an even worse glitch now. Now when I click "restore original" I get a pop up that says "unexpected exception has occurred in your application."

I just updated a later version, sorry I though i had fixed those issues............. but I must of broke them again :(

You should now be able to download spritfx031.zip from the download page (beta version 031) with these fixes and a few more minor ones plus a NEW feature :lol:

I also added a new "feature" - from the View Menu choose Animation Surface - this will allow you to open up a bitmap to use as a background for testing on.

You don't have to open that window all the way up, as the "surface" can be panned around to find the spot you want to test on ie: mouse drag the image to see the part you want in the window ( or you can still open it all up if you want)
This way you can have a screen grab of your game or your background texture and load them up as a test surface, then switch between diffeent sprites you are building and simply drag the "desktop animation" over your "surface" to see how it looks in action :) hope that works and that it useful...... because, it is fun ! 8)

PS: Dont forget to answert my poll Poll: Ferals Sprite Editor - Measuring Interest see http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10993
FeralX

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Re: off topic - game editor sprite tool

Postby FeralX » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:55 am

PPS if you are still having problems with those things I just said I fixed, can you plaese email the image and how to replicate the problem if you have the time please.. i can't replicate it anymore, so if it is stil happening it possibly something unique to the image you are using

thank you
Feral
feralx at ymail.com ( replace at with @ ..)
FeralX

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to Game Resources