Suggestions

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

Suggestions

Postby shoulaish » Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:30 pm

My dream is to make a game engine, but currently the programming I know does not allow me at all. So, I can understand anyone who is trying to make his own game engine and I am willing to help the author of this program as much as I can.

Now I will post some suggestions that will give a lot of power to this program.

a) Check the program Michael told about in another topic to borrow ideas
b) A complete window based interface would be better I think. This interface is not very user friendly to be honest.
c) One pf the things I didn't like about the interface was the browsing windows, like the opening a project window.
d) Now this is my grand suggestion:
Make it so everything is stored like a library. Make multiple editors, such as an actor editor, a level editor, a script editor and a graphics editor. Actors you make with the actor editor are stored in the actors library and so on. Make the possibility to create more than one level. In the level editor you can place the actors u made. Just select them from a list. It would be best if I could put more than one instances of the same actor in the same room.
e)color coding would be nice

I am pretty sure that my suggestion pack d) is not very explanational, so I am gonna make an interface only with VB and take screenshots. Stay tuned :)
shoulaish

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:40 pm

library is cool...
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Return to Feature Requests