Basic upload question.

Learn how to make certain types of games and use gameEditor.

Basic upload question.

Postby Sayato » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 am

I'm trying to just write caveman collision.ged to my Gp2x for starters, and I'm not getting it. As far as windows sees it, I can upload anything to the E:\ directory, but pow do I make my Gp2x see it and then play it? Here are my laptop an gp2x specs...

Laptop:
---------------------Windows edition---------------------
Windows 8.1
2013 Microsoft <blah blah blah>
---------------------System---------------------
Manufacturer: Toshiba
Model: Satellite P875
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-363QM CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 8.00 GB (7.89 usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating system, x86-based processor
Pen and Touch: Nuh-uhh
---------------------TOSHIBA support---------------------
Website: <I can get you this link if you really need it for some reason>
---------------------Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings---------------------
---------------------Windows Activation---------------------
Windows is activated
Product ID: 00349-60413-11768-AD-00

Gp2x:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Version: 1.6.1gg
Firmware: Linux 2.6.24 Revision: 167
Model: CAANOO jj
Serial No. 2011.10.15 - GP2Xv500-00000090

I do like the fact that it runs Linux, but could that be my problem? I seriously doubt it. They do see each other and I can at least see the Gp2x in my explorer window on the windows side of things. I'm mostly positive that I'm just uploading it wrong. Could someone please take my hand and walk me through the upload process to the extent that my Gp2x runs -=*SAY*=-, caveman collision?
Attachments
caveman collision.ged
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Yoshi.png
Yoshi.png (4.49 KiB) Viewed 5128 times
Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
Sayato

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: Basic upload question.

Postby skydereign » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:11 am

Sayato wrote:I'm trying to just write caveman collision.ged to my Gp2x for starters, and I'm not getting it. As far as windows sees it, I can upload anything to the E:\ directory, but pow do I make my Gp2x see it and then play it? Here are my laptop an gp2x specs...

You've asked this several times in several different places. You've even gone so far as to delete the post you made yesterday and repost it with a different topic. It's not helping. The community here is small, and those that have given you answers did so to the best of their abilities. No one in the current community has the answers you are looking for. We've answered the gameEditor side of your question. Export your game into a gpe file which you then put onto your gp2x to run. How to upload a gpe file onto your gp2x seems to be your current issue, and that isn't really a gE problem so you would find the answer faster elsewhere. I don't have any gp2x experience so I don't know without doing research how to do what you want to do. But, from a very quick google search this might be able to help you http://wiki.gp2x.org/articles/h/o/w/How_to_install_software.html.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Sayato » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:19 am

Okay. And I'm sorry for the multiple posts. I need quit whining about my problem and actually look at posted solutions. I'll spend sometime trying to look at your solution. Once again, I apologize.
Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
Sayato

Postby skydereign » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:28 am

Sayato wrote:Once again, I apologize.

No worries. We just don't have the experience with gp2x that you are asking about. We know how to generate the gpe file, and we've explained that part. Everything else is more a gp2x task.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Sayato » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:44 am

3 quick questions:
1.On this forum, game-editor.com, how do I upload and then get my photo to show up as my forum image? Over there >>>>>.

2.Does anyone know the key you push to run the game? I've dealt with F5 and F9 in the past, but neither work on Game Editor.
3.So does anyone know how I can see my game run on the Gp2x handheld system? I've got to the point where I can view the Gp2x's file structure on my laptop, but where do I place the game? Do I have to overwrite the OS it comes with with my game? I'm thinking "Yes". If that's true, could I get a tutorial? Or if it's simple, could I simply have someone tell me?

I would like to see my game run on the Gp2x. My game is currently an animation of the ship spinning. I'm saying my game is currently nothing. I can get it to run my P.C.. I'm currently stopped at this stage in game development. I'd like to see my game runs on a Gp2x before I put more work into it.
Sayato

Postby Sayato » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:17 pm

The thing is, perhaps it's simpler to ask where can I go for Gp2x talk. I bought Gp2x cart this with the intent of writing games for it. I also have a Nintendo 3ds cart lying around here somewhere. I could also write games for the P.c.. Somewhere around here I also have a computer controller. Ha-ha. All my programming equipment is "AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE". I think I could program for any of the three.

But I would currently prefer the Gp2x because of it's video out. I love how it looks like a controller and it hooks up to the television.

Am I barking up the right tree by posting my requests on this forum?
Last edited by Sayato on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sayato

Postby PookDGuru » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:02 am

I don't think most of us have enough experience with the Gp2x to really give you any help; if we don't know how to upload it, I doubt we're gonna know how to get it to run properly. It seems like something you'd want to find out structurally on the Gp2x.
Check out Advent: Deep Space!
PookDGuru

Postby Sayato » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:14 am

Should I return to Gp2x, move back to Nintendo 3DS, or write this for P.C., similar to it's prequel.?

1. Gp2x is fine.
2. Gp2x is NOT fine, go to Nintendo 3ds.
3 You're both insane, go back to P.C., even though you wanted to move to a console.
4. None of the above, because I feel like emailing my response to brian.washechek@yahoo.com.
5. No silly, the 5th person doesn't have diarrhea!

To the webmaster: I tried creating a poll using http://www.poll-maker.com/. My efforts were met with failure. How do I do it? Also, how do I upload my picture?
Sayato

Return to Tutorials